Need Office Expert to Edit Document in Word
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
kokoko3k May 11, 2022
Quoting: Cyba.CowboyWhen I got out of the military, this employment place did up a pretty résumé for me that has my name written sideways in the margin of each page, with the original résumé being in a 'Microsoft' format... I have since converted this to OpenDocument Text (".odt") format, and this is what it looks like when I open said résumé in LibreOffice (only partially shown due to privacy concerns):

The part I am trying to edit is circled in yellow and whilst I have never been able to edit this in LibreOffice, it is shown in LibreOffice.

I tried opening this document in Microsoft Word (my daughter gets a free copy for her 'Apple iMac' from school), but that section appears to be blank (i.e. the part circled in yellow above seemingly shows just white space when the document is opened in Word).

I'm trying to change the name to my daughter's name.

I know it can be done, because I got somebody to replace the name with my son's a few years back... I was never told how they did it, just that they used some "advanced Microsoft magic" to get the name in the margin like that.

Are there any Microsoft Office / Word experts out there than can make this change for me, or tell me how to do this in LibreOffice (if possible)? I can e-mail you a copy of the document to have a look at, or I can upload it somewhere if you prefer...

(just a joke ahead)
QuoteKey skills and Attributes
* High level of competence in various computer applications, including the Microsoft[..]Powerpoint,Word)[..]

Now it is even more

Last edited by kokoko3k on 11 May 2022 at 8:04 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.