Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
I haven't been able to get Kingdom Hearts to work on Linux because of my Graphic Card, I think
Xandrid May 13, 2022
My System Info

Linux Distribution: Manjaro
Desktop Environment: Gnome
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 940MX
GPU Driver Version: 510.68.02

Have you checked for system updates?: [Yes]

If this is to do with Steam, please add your system read-out from Steam -> Help -> System Information (please put that into Pastebin/Gist as linked above!):

If this is not Steam, you can still give us a system readout using inxi with "inxi -SbCGxx" in terminal (please put that into Pastebin/Gist as linked above!): https://pastebin.com/embed_js/ViPVzrnX

I have an Acer Aspire E15 (E5-575G-57D4) with a Nvidia Geforce 940MX.

Literally any game other I have tried worked at least, weather or not it was lag free was up to the games requirement. And before you ask yes I have tried: https://github.com/FlaareZero/Kingdom_Hearts_Collection_Linux/blob/main/how_to.md I have tried anything I could find, I even tried different distros and the closet I can get is no picture, but only sound. and the occasional screen turns a different color.

I'm at my wits end I've been trying for over a year to get it to work on Linux. It works on Windows for sure, but I'm since Switch from Windows to Linux. Maybe there's something I'm missing, was hoping someone else had a good idea or something. If you need anymore info I'll be happy to provide it. Thank you.
Xandrid May 13, 2022
Quoting: GuestYou are not using the Nvidia Driver, it's using Intel as seen in your inxi log

36. OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel HD Graphics 620 (KBL GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 22.0.3

I myself do not own a Laptop with dual Graphics so I'm not the best person to answers this but don't you need to install and use nvidia-prime or something like that?

Thanks for pointing that out, I just switched my distro so I guess things weren't configured correctly. Switching it back as we speak and will setup the drivers correctly, hopefully that was the problem, but not too confident.

Last edited by Xandrid on 13 May 2022 at 11:36 pm UTC
Xandrid May 15, 2022
Quoting: GuestYou are not using the Nvidia Driver, it's using Intel as seen in your inxi log

36. OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel HD Graphics 620 (KBL GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 22.0.3

I myself do not own a Laptop with dual Graphics so I'm not the best person to answers this but don't you need to install and use nvidia-prime or something like that?

I installed nvidia-prime, and it unfortunately didn't work still can launch the game with sound, but no picture,
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.