Game Recommendation - A top down game with rebindable controls
Rooster Jul 29, 2022
Can anyone recommend me some really really good (not just good, but really good) top down game where you can rebind your keys? My goal is to remap the arrows to HJKL to get used to the Vim controls.

Preferably a game which will run on my i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70GHz 3.6 GiB of RAM laptop

Genres I usually don't like
- Rougelike and rougelight
- Shooters
- Combat-heavy top-down RPGs (Something like top down Dark Souls would probably be a miss for me)
Pengling Jul 30, 2022
I don't know if you have any interest in emulation, but I've found the Super Bomberman titles for the SNES to be keyboard-friendly due to their play-style and pacing, so they might work out for this endeavour (I've been playing them on a palmtop with a tiny clicky thumb-keyboard, so hopefully they would also be suitable for learning a new setup too). The genre is arcade strategy, and the third game is particularly good.

I admit that I'm a bit biased here as Bomberman is my favourite game series, but it was the first thing that I thought of when you mentioned top-down titles!
Salvatos Aug 1, 2022
I don’t have game recommendations, but if it helps, you could always rebind your keys while playing whatever game you like. I don’t know about Arch, but some systems make that easier than others. Maybe this will help: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Linux_console/Keyboard_configuration
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.