Weekend Play List - August 12
denyasis Aug 14, 2022
I really liked @itscalledreality 's weekend gaming posts, so I figured I'd revive it (sorry to steal your thunder dude).

For us in the northern hemisphere and inspired from our local phenologist / almanack writer, it's the first week of Late Summer, the beginning of the convergence of everything in nature, everything is growing, producing, blooming for the last time, for it all careenes toward fall and the eventual winter. Toward an impending end, and toward the future.

YOU KNOW THE RULES. Post what is up in your gaming rotation and share what's going on aside from gaming, if you'd like.

------

I'll share first. I'm about 50% of the way through Monster Sanctuary. Enjoying it a lot. I've also been back seat gaming the family as they play Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It's a ton of fun. Kinda makes me wanna try Skyrim or something, although I doubt the puzzles are as fun, lol

We have a lot of family activities, so I'll doubt I'll get much gaming this weekend. I was offered a conditional offer to a new job and they accepted my counter offer (that's absolutely unheard of in my field), so after some testing, I might be lucky to be starting anew (for more money!!).

I've also got WOL, nopasswd, and auto login to work on my Desktop. Basically I can start my PC from my Steam Link, and it will log into a non privileged user and fire up Steam. Figure I could make it easy for the kids to play a few games in the living room.

Enjoy your weekend!!
Pengling Aug 14, 2022
I just saw in @itscalledreality's previous Weekend Playlist thread that he's safe and well, so hopefully we'll see him drop in here today!

For me, Bomberman is on the laptop again, as is the norm.

Spoiler, click me

(He insists that he's just getting work done.)

Between charges, I've also returned to chipping away at Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy, which runs perfectly under Proton.

This collection marks the first time that I've revisited these three excellent courtroom-drama visual-novel games since the Nintendo DS releases brought them to English-speakers for the first time in the mid-to-late 2000s (they actually debuted on the Game Boy Advance several years earlier, but those releases remained Japan-only as "Gyakuten Saiban" - literally, "Turnabout Trial"), and it's very palmtop-friendly.

It's a joy to play through them again, though I still feel that the first game remains head and shoulders above the others, because unlike its sequels it can stand on its own, and also had a different translation team that used noticeably less poorly-aged pop-culture references. Here's hoping that they eventually release collections of the later games in the series - I stopped about two thirds of the way through the fourth game (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney) because, though it was a fine title, I wasn't fond of a number of things about its direction, and I just didn't pick up any of the other titles after that.

Additionally, though I won't have time for it this weekend, at some point over the course of next week I want to tackle Bomberman '93 for the TurboGrafx-16, as well. That'll be on my GPD Win Max 2021, since the way that the TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine Bomberman titles handle cornering means that they don't play well on the palmtop compared to the Super Bomberman games for the SNES, which are excellent for that.

Quoting: denyasisI was offered a conditional offer to a new job and they accepted my counter offer (that's absolutely unheard of in my field), so after some testing, I might be lucky to be starting anew (for more money!!).
Many congratulations! I hope that it all works out well for you!

Last edited by Pengling on 14 August 2022 at 12:47 pm UTC
Mezron Aug 14, 2022
A lot of board game events were either cancelled or postpone due to various members in my gaming circle being on vacation. My just started. So it looks like video games that I can rock on the go will be the main thing I can rock for the next 30 days.

Did manage to play a few rounds of Cthulhu Fluxx. It was a gift from a friend and I've had it in my book bag as I go to work and see other friends.

I started playing Orna: The GPS RPG on my android phone as I traveled. Really enjoying it. It's mostly in the car being driven or when I'm in the airport. My wife and one other friend plays. My friend is the one that told me about it, she's been playing it for a bit now.

I dropped a lot of other games that I started and got back into Soldier of Fortune for Dreamcast via Redream. I played the Loki version years ago but sold it for a good chunk of change but been thinking about the game. I'm playing it on my System 76 Gazelle laptop and on my android phone.

I went to two LAN events one was super short and another one was more drawn out event and in both cases I played Xonotic.

Last edited by Mezron on 14 August 2022 at 12:52 pm UTC
itscalledreality Aug 15, 2022
Quoting: denyasisI really liked @itscalledreality 's weekend gaming posts, so I figured I'd revive it (sorry to steal your thunder dude).

No problem. I didn’t see this thread so I ended up posting one too! Thanks for taking the reigns.
itscalledreality Aug 15, 2022
Cross-posting to the other thread to gain maximum conversation: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/5397/

Quoting: denyasisI was offered a conditional offer to a new job and they accepted my counter offer (that's absolutely unheard of in my field), so after some testing, I might be lucky to be starting anew (for more money!!).

Congrats on landing the job.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.