Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Pharaoh
razing32 Nov 21, 2022
I've been trying to play Pharaoh for a bit.
More of an impulse thing.
Currently on Arch , using Bottles.

Linux zeus 6.0.2-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sat, 15 Oct 2022 14:00:49 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux
bottles 1:2022.5.28-5

The game works fine , but the animation for buildings does not play at all. As in a goldmine is working but there is no light or animation for a worker digging. This makes it a bit hard to get visual feedback if you are doing ok or not.
I set winecfg for that specific bottle instance to Windows 7.

Any thoughts ?
Has anyone else played this on wine/bottles ?
Are there any open source engines to play it ?
whizse Nov 21, 2022
Quoting: razing32Are there any open source engines to play it ?
https://github.com/Banderi/Ozymandias
Cyril Nov 22, 2022
Quoting: whizse
Quoting: razing32Are there any open source engines to play it ?
https://github.com/Banderi/Ozymandias

Did you try it? Is it really working fine? It seems the project is a bit too much in Work In Progress, but maybe I'm wrong.
Though I bookmarked it a while ago but didn't test it myself, I didn't have any issues for playing the game through Wine (with the GOG setup).
whizse Nov 22, 2022
Quoting: CyrilDid you try it?
Negatory.

I'm curious myself how far along it is.
whizse Nov 29, 2022
Quoting: LuisThorpeI have also facing the same problem in gameplay.
Using (or not using) the widescreen patches might make a difference.

You might also want to try turning csmt off. Instructions here (search the page for csmt).
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.