Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
We're done with Twitter
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Dec 18, 2022
In light of Twitter's new policy banning a bunch of other social networks, I'm moving on from it.

GamingOnLinux news will no longer be posted to it.

Follow on Mastodon instead: https://mastodon.social/@gamingonlinux

On here, I've also removed the Twitter login and will be removing other things like Twitter on profiles. I refuse to support what Elon is doing. Twitter is done.
denyasis 8 years Dec 18, 2022
Seems like a smart move. Twitter is and was largely emblematic of everything wrong with social media and it's only gotten worse.
Ehvis Dec 18, 2022
Never had a twitter account. But used to check a few every once in a while. That ended when they stopped you from reading beyond the first page without being logged in. They've been killing themselves for a while now and recent events just accelerated it.
Kimyrielle Dec 18, 2022
I never used Twitter and now, there is even less reason to. This is just another example of why platforms like Twitter and Facebook cannot be allowed to be in private hands.
pete910 Dec 18, 2022
Never used it, nor fakebook or any other whatscrap !

Out of interest why is the comments closed ?
WorMzy Dec 18, 2022
I never understood the whole "you need to have a presence on X social media to be successful" thing. Fuck 'em all.
Liam Dawe Dec 18, 2022
Quoting: pete910Never used it, nor fakebook or any other whatscrap !

Out of interest why is the comments closed ?
Because, something that always surprises me in the Linux community, there’s a lot of far right conservative nut jobs that follow and make it their mission to be terrible in comments on stuff like this. I didn’t want to waste my Sunday evening dealing with them.
Klaas Dec 18, 2022
Quoting: Liam Dawefar right conservative nut jobs
The free speech means I can insult everyone and drop racist remarks without consequences quotecrowd? I've seen some of them in the comments even here.

I wonder if Musk will end up thinking it was a good idea to buy Twitter. With the added debts and the destructive changes that caused a huge drop in advertisement – basically the only source of income – it does not look very sustainable.

I've never had an account, but there were some accounts that I read regularly – including several comics (some of them twitter only in the past). That has been made harder with the changes mentioned by Ehvis, but now you seem to get weird tweets by Musk displayed as related to everything.

Last edited by Klaas on 18 December 2022 at 11:15 pm UTC
Lanz Dec 18, 2022
"Casually sharing occasional links is fine, but no more relentless advertising of competitors for free, which is absurd in the extreme"

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604593057676300288
Liam Dawe Dec 18, 2022
Quoting: Lanz"Casually sharing occasional links is fine, but no more relentless advertising of competitors for free, which is absurd in the extreme"

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604593057676300288
I don't trust a single he says. He's repeatedly gone back on his word on many things, and keeps screwing people over. Fuck Twitter until he puts someone else in charge or does better.
Liam Dawe Dec 18, 2022
Quoting: KlaasThe free speech means I can insult everyone and drop racist remarks without consequences quote? I've seen some of them in the comments even here.
If you see racism, hit the report button, don't randomly complain about it here.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.