Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Arkham Asylum (GOG version) on Steam Deck
Klaas Feb 3, 2023
I've tried to do several things to get Arkham Asylum running on the Steam Deck, but all of them are not ideal. It's annoying – on my normal Arch Linux desktop it just works.

I've tried Bottles with the default wine version and with coffee 7.20. Gaming bottle and normal bottle. Even the launcher does not work (but no error boxes).

I've experimented with Proton's wine outside of Steam. The launcher does not work but there are several error messages.

What works (modulus launcher) is Proton Experimental run through Steam, but it seems that the GOG version is not really Steam-less – it even contains a steam_appid.txt – and Steam detects it as the Steam version which I do not own going so far as recording the play time with a second phantom library entry that appears when I click on play. Maybe that could lead to trouble. Also the launcher requires me to hold the Steam button to access the mouse emulation via the right stick to click on start. And sometimes the game opens and loses focus – it seems that Steam does not keep track that the game is running – there are no task switch entries in the Steam button menu and the button still says play instead of stop.

The next thing I might try is Heroic Launcher (or Lutris).

Last edited by Klaas on 3 February 2023 at 6:51 pm UTC
Klaas Feb 7, 2023
I've found a solution.

I've extracted the latest wine package from Arch and the four missing lib32 packages into a lib32 folder – I'm not sure if they are necessary for a 64 bit prefix.

That's enough to get the game running (obviously with DXVK), but there is an issue with the resolution in Desktop mode that affects both the launcher and the game. The launcher has 800 x 1280 as the max. resolution. It's probably related to the orientation of the screen, which is really a portrait format screen with the display rotated by 90 degrees. In game mode this rotation is masked by gamescope. Manually running wine through gamescope with gamescope -f -- wine … fixes desktop mode.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.