Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Sharing epic games store (or possible other stores) with PC on SD Card
Lachu May 13, 2023
I am curious if I can share software/games installation on SD Card between PC and Deck. I am not asking about technical details, but if you can describe it, I will be thankfully. I am asking rather about law implications.

So:
I bought Steam Deck and wait for a package. I have games/stores installed on SD Card on my PC. I think, I could install lutris on Deck via flathub, add permission to SD Card by /run/media/$USER/DRIVE_ID and search for games. Also, I could copy some files from ~/.local and ~/.config or scan folder for search for games. This could bring me possibility to play on Epic Games installation both on Steam Deck and PC. It is legal? I known, that it is much harder to do if I talk about Steam, because Steam saves PC id inside game library (as for as I think).

Thanks for response.
Dribbleondo May 16, 2023
Of course it's legal, Both Epic and Valve outright endorse installing other storefronts and using the device however you see fit.

Saves are stored in the wineprefix directory with Lutris as I recall, very much like with Proton.
CliffordGarth99 May 18, 2023
Thank you for answering, I was afraid before. I thought I will get banned if I do it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.