Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Angry Birds (Android/Iphone) (Free)
Liam Dawe Oct 15, 2010
Angry Birds (Android/Iphone)

Just got the full version as it has been released in full for free on Android today :D

Anyone else here a fan on Angry Birds?
tweakedenigma Oct 15, 2010
Re: Angry Birds (Android/Iphone)

Haven't tried it yet, But will have to give it a go when I get home.
Liam Dawe Oct 15, 2010

It's a really good time waster, i installed it earlier and instantly forgot i was doing stuff on the pc haha.
Rustybolts Nov 21, 2010

Angry Birds doesnt work on my htc at the moment. But Gish has just become available for android today (free with ads) and plays very nice. :-)
See split topic
http://www.gamingonlinux.info/community/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=115
Rustybolts Nov 21, 2010

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2373114,00.asp
QuoteA small percentage of Android users may be suffering Angry Birds withdrawal, but not for long.

Rovio Mobile, the developer of the bestselling Angry Birds app, has announced that it is developing a lighter version of the game for "lower end" Android devices after many users experienced problems running the app.

Rovio had released a free, ad-supported version of Angry Birds for Android on October 15 through independent app store GetJar. It was so popular on the first day it brought down Rovio's servers, and hit the two million download mark within three days.

But many Android users were disappointed to learn that the game didn't work on their phones, an issue commonly known as "fragmentation." Older and lower performance Android devices experienced "severe performance issues," Rovio acknowledged in a blog post.

Rovio listed 17 Android phones officially not supported by Angry Birds, as well as devices running a version older than 1.6 or custom ROMs. The list includes newer phones like the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini, T-Mobile G2 and Motorola Backflip.

"So far, we have hesitated to create multiple versions of Angry Birds for the Android platform. But judging by the feedback we have received, we feel that by providing a lightweight solution, we are doing a favor for our fans," Rovio wrote.

The company hasn't announced a release date for the lighter version.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.