Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Anyone Would Play Minetest With Me? I Could Host
FriendlyPerson Oct 6, 2023
I been trying to play with public Minetest players but dealing with excessively bad players overall severely limits having some fun.

So I was wondering if anyone on here might want join onto a Minetest game that I could host?

The mods I have in mind that I started playing with are..

• Torch bombs

• Anvil (very interactive and fun anvil repairing of tools)

• Bulletin Boards

• Hoppers (can be used to sort/extract items from chests/furnaces)

• Orbs Of Time (expensively change in game time)

• Toolranks and Toolranks Extras (for tools' leveling speed and durability)

• Void Chest (inventory same across chests per player)

• Teleport Potions (One Use and permanent one way teleporting)

• Lumberjack (cut wood from top, "level up" to "Lumberjack" to chop down entire trees)

• Scaffolding (To scale builds)

• Craftguide (craftguide on a book)

• Itemframes (display items on frames and pedestals)

• morelights (Many extended lighting options for builds)

• Pickaxe Tweaks (for placing torches with "use" key)

• Trash Can (useful and interactive trash can and dumpster)

• Poshud (time, lag and position hud on far right of screen)

Let me know and I might go ahead with hosting this or the like!
FriendlyPerson Oct 7, 2023
If anybody wanna try this out, I was given a temporary VPS for game development. So I am hosting this!

To join you need at least Minetest 5.6.1 or up (so 5.7.0 works) over at IP of 80.240.23.145, leave port at 30000 (default).

There's currently room for 5 of us as it is a 512MB instance.
FriendlyPerson Oct 8, 2023
The game was acting very weird to me, not letting me in with proper passwords. Across two separate known working accounts.

So what I probably gonna try to setup a dedicated database for the game. Seeing as PostgreSQL being the most reliable (https://wiki.minetest.net/Database_backends#Comparison_table) for the game might stabilize everything.

I am thinking about the 14th for this "re-setup".
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.