Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Weekend Players' Club 11/24/2023
StoneColdSpider Nov 24, 2023
G'Day fellow tuxers……. Its Bruce your host here once again…….. Its a sunny Saturday here right now…….……

[+..••] This week in Emulationville I played [+..••]

Arcade

BioMechanical Toy (1995 Gaelco) - Run and Gun

Console

ESPN NFL 2K5 (2004 Sega) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Football)
Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Football)
NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona (2002 Infogrames) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
NFL Blitz 2024 (2023 NFL Blitz Resurrection) - Nintnedo 64 - Sports (Football)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (2006 Konami) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Soccer)
Tecmo Super Bowl 2024 (2023 TecmoBowl.org) - Nintendo Entertainment System - Sports (Football)
TOCA Touring Car Championship (1997 Codemasters) - Sony PlayStation - Sports (Racing)

PC

NASCAR Heat 5 (2020 Motorsport Games) - Steam - Sports (Racing)
Race 07 (2007 SimBin) - Steam - Sports (Racing)
SRX: The Game (2021 Monster Games) - Steam - Sports (Racing)

Dick Trickles Racing Career: Part 42
NASCAR Dirt to Daytona: Part 42
2005 Featherlite Modified Series Season 2: Race 8

Intro music…... Hello and welcome to Left Turn Heaven….. Im Murray Eastlake and today im going to be bringing you all the action from the 2005 Featherlite Modified Series: Round 8 of 11 here at New Hampshire International Raceway……..

New Hampshire International Raceway…….

New Hampshire International Raceway is 1.058 miles long with 12 degrees of banking…… This track might only be a tad over a mile long…… But with big long straights and sweeping turns at each end…….. The cars can really stretch their legs…….. Horse power and lots of it is the name of the game here……. With plenty of room to move…… This should be a very fast and free flowing race…….

Dick Trickle is a now a three time Weekly Dirt Series Champion……. Winning TWO races during the week to wrap up the title with one race left in the season…… He also cemented his name in the record books again….. Becoming the first driver to win three championships in a row and he now has a record 31 Weekly Dirt Series race wins in a row……. With one more race left in the Weekly Dirt Racing Series this season he could make it 32 wins a row……. A stretch dating back to July 14 2002……..

2005 Weekly Dirt Racing Series: Round 8 of 10…...

2005 Weekly Dirt Racing Series: Round 9 of 10…...

Dick arrives here today with the chance of wrapping up the 2005 Featherlite Modifies Series Championship………. Dick needs to out score second placed Gray Soros by 27 points or more to secure the championship…..……. Dick will be looking for his record breaking eighth straight win this season…….

Gray Soros will be desperate to win the race to keep his slim title hopes alive……. While Joel York and Francis Lee not only need wins but they need Dick to DNF to stay in the championship hunt…… A championship is on the line…… Three drivers are in a do or die situation……. Its sure to be an exciting race……..

Dont touch the sets...... Dont touch the dials...... You wont want to miss a single moment of the 2005 Featherlite Modified Series....… Practice and qualifying are coming up right now……

Dick Trickle at the track ready to race.…

While Dick did not run many laps in practice he did spend a lot of time going over the car to make sure everything was set and ready for this very important race…… He did a few laps to check the setup but that was about it…… Dick is totally focused on the race this weekend……

Qualifying was up next and Dick was right to spend the time going over the car as the Grinch Performance Modified Flaming Dick Machine ran a faultless qualifying lap…… Setting a wicked fast lap time of 29.789……… He was 0.9 seconds clear of last years champion Jason Sulivan who was in second with a time of 30.613…….

Third was Francis Lee who set his fastest time of 31.208…….. Joel York was in fourth place just behind Francis Lee with a 31.487…….

And rounding out the top five was William Anderson……. Who set a very respectable time of 31.908…… I hope he wont have a boring race like last week……

Second place in the champion and someone who needs pull a rabbit out of the hat today is Gray Soros…….. And he was just outside the top five…….. Putting his car in sixth place…… With a time of 32.002…… He has a lot of work to do to keep his title hopes alive…….

Qualifying Results....…..

Dick Trickle lined up ready to start the race......

Dick lead the field to the green flag for the 50 lap race…….. But it was Jason Sulivan who got the jump as Dick limped off the start……..

As they headed into turn one Dick had regained the lead thanks to the ponys under the bonnet……. But with the cold tyres he was not able to corner as well as he would have liked….. And this gave Sulivan the run around the outside down the back straight…….

Francis Lee was just head of Joel York with William Anderson not to far behind with Gray Soros looking to make up places of the start right up his rear……..

Down the back straight and Dick had retaken the lead heading into turn three…… This time Dick was able to get though the turns without issue and held the lead back onto the front straight……

Francis Lee was holding onto third just as Joel York has started this event like a real racer…… Hope he knows this is a marathon……

William Anderson is already starting to fade back from the pair in front…… And Gray Soros has also drafted back from Anderson…… This is a disaster for Soros…… He needs to make up places to keep this championship alive……

Dick has built a very comfortable lead right now……. The Grinch Performance Modified Flaming Dick Machine is looking like its on rails at the moment……. Dick is driving like a champion out there……

Suddenly theres a huge plume of smoke……… An engine has let go and there is smoke all over the place……… I cant see who that is through the smoke…….. As the smoke clears I can see that its John Justin…… Justin was down in twelfth place……. So no major shake up to the running order there…….

As we reach the half way stage……. Dick is still way out in front leading by one lap over the entire field and looks to have the win all wrapped up…….. Jason Sulivan is in a very comfortable all be it very boring second place…… Francis Lee is in third with Joel York in fourth....... He is ready to pounce if there is a problem but hes not posing any real threat…… William Anderson is having another boring race in fifth place……..

While Gray Soros is still down in sixth place……. And hes not looking threatening at all…… Hes dropped right off the back of William Anderson…… I dont know where his pace has gone……. But he needs to find it quick or the championship will be over…….

In the thick of the traffic and Joel York as caught back up to Francis Lee……. York gives Lees rear end a nudge letting him know hes right up his rear…… This battle has heated right back up and Joel York wants that podium position…..

Dick squirts past both of them to put them both two laps down……. There are not many laps left now……. And Dick is in complete control of the race……. Its his to lose now thats for sure……

Joel York has a look up the inside of Francis Lee but Lee slams the door shut in Yorks face…….. York has indeed been a real racer and treated this as a marathon……. And its paid off as he is now hounding Lee…… But there is no way past at the moment…….

Francis Lee has to be smart through the traffic….. One mistake and Joel York will be be passed in a flash…… Lee is trying to get through the traffic while also blocking York this what oval racing is all about…….

Both Jason Sulivan and William Anderson have staved off the boredom and are still racing…… Two very bored race drivers today…….. I think both will be very happy to finish this race…...

As the chequered flag is waved Dick takes the win in a truly dominating fashion……. After the opening lap he never looked like losing…….. Now to wait for the others to finish and see if he is champion……

Jason Sulivan comes home second in a very solid second place…… He was nowhere near Dick today and was miles ahead of Francis Lee…… He will be happy with a second place finish after the disaster of a year he has had so far…….

Francis Lee is still holding up Joel York entering turn three for the final time……… JOEL YORK MAKES A MOVE AROUND THE OUTSIDE………. SIDE BY SIDE THROUGH TURNS THEE AND FOUR…….. NEITHER MAN IS GIVING AN INCH…….. OFF TURN FOUR THEY COME AND JOEL YORK HAS THE OUTSIDE MOMENTUM TO GET A NOSE IN FRONT………. YORK GETS LOSE ON THE MARBLES……. HE LOSES THE BACK END AND SLAMS INTO THE OUTSIDE WALL…….. YORK BOUNCES OFF THE WALL AND SPINS DOWN THE TRACK JUST MISSING FRANCIS LEE…….. DISASTER FOR JOEL YORK……. He thumps the wheel in sheer anger as he limps the car over the line to claim fourth place…...

Third was Francis Lee who had to fend off a hard charging Joel York in the final stages of the race…… Lee drove a really good defensive race today……. He will be well pleased with that third place finish……..

Fourth place was a very angry and disappointed Joel York……. He had a great race plan and showed superb race craft to get that close to Francis Lee at the end…… But he walks away with only a fourth place finish and a tore up race car to boot…… Racing can be a very cruel mistress at times……

Rounding out the top five was William Anderson……. Who had another really boring race with not much to talk about…… He is very lucky to still be awake……. But he has another top five finish this season…… Which takes his season tally to five…..

And in what was a do or die race for himself…… He utterly failed to deliver……. As second place in the championship standings Gray Soros came home in a VERY soul crushingly disappointing sixth place……. He had no real pace all weekend and couldnt find any when it really mattered…… He is still sitting transfixed in the car……. Wondering where it all went wrong……..

And with Gray Soros finishing in sixth place……. That makes DICK TRICKLE THE 2005 FEATHERLITE MODIFIED SERIES CHAMPION!!!!…….. With three races left Dick cannot be caught……. Dick takes a Featherlite Modified Series record eighth win in a season and wrapping up the championship with three races left is also a Featherlite Modified Series record……… What a day for Dick.......

Race Results..…

Dick does a mega burn out down the main straight……. They announce Dick as the champion over the PA……. And the crowd goes mental…….. Dick disappears in the cloud of smoke as the crowd chants for more Dick…….

As the smoke clears Dick makes his way to victory lane….. But Dick suddenly turns away from victory lane and makes a detour over to Jason Sulivan in the paddock area……. Dick flips Sulivan the bird “Im the new number one” says Dick as he drives past Jason Sulivan…… All Sulivan can do is yell obscenities as Dick drives away……… Then Dick finally makes it to Victory lane…….

Dick climbs out of the car and is greeted by a very excited Pussy Galore…… Pussy plants her lips on Dick as she gives him a big kiss…….

I managed to catch Dick to get a few words with the new champion……. “I AM THE CHAMPIOOOOOON!!!!!!…….. WOOOOOOOO!!!!……… Can you believe it Murray???……. What a great day……. And its sure to be a great night too……..”

“The Grinch Performance Modified Flaming Dick Machine was fantastic all race…… As per usual the guys at the shop did a great job prepping the car…… I would also like to thank Grinch Performance for sponsoring me this year……..”

“As for the race…… I could not have have asked for anything better…… I really like this track….. There is lots of room to move around and its easy to get through the lapped traffic here…… Its a great place for a race……”

“commiserations to Gray Soros……. He put one a good fight this year……. But this Dick was just to big to handle this year……. And as for [Jason] Sulivan…. He got the year he deserved after the way hes acted…… Could not have happened to a nicer guy…….”

“All the pressure is off now…… I can actually go back to enjoying my racing at Welch Valley Racing Complex…… And its time to let the hair down…… You are going to see a different Dick next week thats for sure……. Will see you there Murray…….”

Well there you have it folks…….. That is one excited Dick……. Im sure Pussy Galore will have a good night too……..

Next week the 2005 Featherlite Modified Series heads to Welch Valley Racing Complex ….. The second and final trip to the road course this season……..

With the championship decided its all just for pride now in the final three races…… Dick wants the pride of going through the season undefeated……. Jason Sulivan wants pride for winning the race……. Gray Soros would love the pride of ending the Dick domination…… And Joel York wants the pride of finally being able to beat Francis Lee….. Will any of them get the pride they want or believe they deserve???……..

Tune in next week for the answers to all these questions and more….. Exclusively here on Left Turn Heaven……..

This is Murray Eastlake reporting for Left Turn Heaven..... And until next time its goodbye from me....

Winnings.…

NASCAR Heat Weekly.…

2005 Modified Series Championship Standings after round 8 of 11.…

First lap Modified Dick action....

***INTERMISSION……...***

BioMechanical Toy…....

Its a biomechanical toy…… But not the kind your mum uses……..

The graphics….. Are actually really nice and are easily the best part of the game…… Its very very bright and colourful similar to a Jazz Jackrabbit game…… The sprites are nice and so are the backgrounds…… The animations are also nice and overall the art department did a great job on this game…….

The sounds……. The sounds are ok……. The music is great with very mid 90’s guitar rifts…… But the guns and enemy sounds are very much lacking….. Nothing really bad just meh…...

The controls…… Are weird……. Its a run and gun where you cant actually run and gun…… The character doesnt move while shooting…….. And the jumping is very floaty and he takes an age to land……. The game wants to be a run and gun so bad but not being able to move while shooting makes the controls feel very stiff and unresponsive……. While moving when not shooting feels nice and fluid…….

The storyline….… April O’Neil has been kidnapped by her……. uhhhh…… Biomechanical toy…… And its up to the Ninja Turtles to rescue her from her….. ummmm….. Toy……. Wait……. Wrong game again….. *Shuffles papers*……. A villain by the name of Scrubby has escape prison with plans to steal the Magic Pendulum which brings toys to life…… Relik a cuckoo clock who guards the Magic Pendulum was not able to prevent the theft…… And now its up to Inguz to stop Scrubby and return the Magic Pendulum to Relik the cuckoo clock…...

The gameplay…...… It ranges from meh to infuriating……. This game has a lot of problems gameplay wise……. Not being able to move and shoot really hurts the game……. As there are usually a lot of enemies on the screen at one time……. So standing still makes you a sitting duck…… And this game is really freaking hard…… So many enemies on screen at once makes it really hard to dodge then and not take damage……..

The levels themselves are ok with most leading you all over the place from left to right and up to down…… But again they have a lot of unfair quarter munching enemy placement…….

The bosses are……… Ehhhhh……. Ok……. They are just huge sprites with simple moving patterns and projectiles to dodge…….

The gun play is ok……. Default gun feels quite weak and the special ammo you get from crates lacks imagination and is more of the standard fair……..

Overall…… If you really want to play it…... Just play the first level……. Its pretty much the same after that just without the frustration metre turned up to 11…….. I really did not enjoy my time with this game…..

And that is why my final score for BioMechanical Toy is a broken Buzz Lightyear out of 10…….

BioMechanical Toy…....

The Road To PES Penguin 6

The road to unlock the PES Penguin in Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is at 1450 PES points out of 5000……….

The Best Worst Ad I Saw During College Football…...

This week we have this Nissan ad…... Its your typical cheesy commercial featuring former NFL players…….. And its a nice play on words too…… Its much better than most of the commercials ive featured here…….

Next week…… There will be more hardcore modified Dick Trickle racing action in NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona……. Touring car racing in Race 07…….. And more PES Penguin 6……….

And I will just leave this here……..

Well thats it from me…… Hope all you tuxers have a good week……

Now for my bad joke of the week……
I took my wife to the orchard for her birthday...... We stood their for an hour watching the trees......... This was not the Apple Watch she was expecting apparently........
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
Mezron Nov 25, 2023
Fighting Vipers 2 - Playing via ReDream with family and friends.
Daytona USA - Same deal as above.
StoneColdSpider Nov 25, 2023
Quoting: Arcadius-8606Fighting Vipers 2 - Playing via ReDream with family and friends.
Nice choice...... Who do you mostly play as???....... I always played as Honey........ How could I say no to that victory pose.....

Last edited by StoneColdSpider on 25 November 2023 at 6:26 am UTC
Pengling Nov 25, 2023
Daring duck of mystery
Champion of right
Swoops out of the shadows
Darkwing owns the night...
Somewhere some villain schemes
But his number's up
3, 2, 1!
DARKWING DUCK!

"I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the 8-bit game you didn't play back in the day because the NES wasn't a big deal in the UK! I AM DARKWING DUCK!"

My pick this weekend is Darkwing Duck (NES) (not to be confused with the notoriously-bad and unrelated TurboGrafx-16 title based on the same series), by way of The Disney Afternoon Collection (Proton). I've been revisiting the show lately on Disney+, and have found that not only is it just as good as I remember it being, but I now also appreciate the witticisms that flew over my head as a youngster. Darkwing was always my favourite of the Disney ducks (followed by Donald Duck, and then Scrooge McDuck), and I mainly bought the collection for this game, so I've been looking forward to playing it quite a lot!

"Let's get dangerous!"

Not surprisingly, the game is based on the early 1990s cartoon series Darkwing Duck, which aired, in the UK at least, as part of the Sunday-morning variety-show, The Disney Club. It was an action-packed somewhat-parodic show, which spoofed elements from various superhero and spy franchises - it actually started off as "Double-O Duck" in the concept phase, before this idea was scrapped apparently due to the James Bond rights-holders owning the "Double-O" name. It starred Darkwing Duck, also known by his civilian name of Drake Mallard (a spoof of The Shadow's alias, Kent Allard, though a lot of the main cast knew that Drake was Darkwing anyway - sidekick Launchpad McQuack, who debuted in Disney's DuckTales*, would openly refer to Drake as "DW" even when they were off-duty, and Drake's adopted daughter Gosalyn and her best friend also knew and often tagged along on missions regardless of the dangers), who had to balance out the combined forces of being a superhero, being a dad (and also being one of the rare Disney dads who isn't dead), and having a big ego and hunger for fame, whilst protecting the city of St. Canard from a bizarre assortment of villains who made up a group known as "F.O.W.L." (the "Fiendish Organisation for World Larceny").

*WOO-OO!

I know of this game by reputation, as it's a high-quality NES platformer by Capcom, which plays like a "lost" entry in their cutesy-robot series, Mega Man, with some added features that don't appear in that franchise (namely, the ability to hang from certain platforms and objects, which works fine on platforms but could use bigger hitboxes elsewhere as it doesn't always work first time with lamps/grates/etc., and the ability to shield against enemy projectiles using Darkwing's cape, which is fun and looks really cool ). Amusingly, there's actually a Chinese bootleg Famiclone cartridge that rebrands this game into one which replaces Darkwing Duck with a mustard-coloured Mega Man who shouts "© 1996" all the time, with random images of and references to Darkwing left intact all over the place regardless.

The presentation and music are great (though oddly, the chiptune rendition of the theme-tune is a bit thin by Capcom standards - something which didn't happen with their other Disney-based video games), and the cartoony in-game graphics are good by NES standards, with tons of personality, as you would expect from a Capcom game. The Disney Afternoon Collection's Museum feature shows how Capcom's artists in Japan were faxed character model-sheets and episode storyboards from Disney artists in the US in order to properly recreate the look and feel of the show, and it really comes through even today, which is a testament to how good of a job they did considering how limited the hardware was.

Darkwing Duck is a must-play if you liked the show, if you're interested in checking out the NES' great platformers, or if you're a fan of Capcom's 1980s and 1990s output - or all of these things.

When there's trouble you call DW!

[+..••] Other stuff that I played this week;

Bomberman GB 2 (Game Boy)

BomberZone (Native Linux)

Chop Goblins (Proton)

Downwell (Proton)

Mega Man ZX Advent (Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection) (Proton)

Pirate Ship Higemaru (Capcom Arcade Stadium) (Proton)

Placid Plastic Duck Simulator (Proton)

Sonic Chaos (Game Gear)

Super Bomberman R 2 (Proton)

Super Destronaut DX (Proton)

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderFrancis Lee was holding onto third just as Joel York has started this event like a real racer…… Hope he knows this is a marathon……

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderAs the smoke clears Dick makes his way to victory lane….. But Dick suddenly turns away from victory lane and makes a detour over to Jason Sulivan in the paddock area……. Dick flips Sulivan the bird “Im the new number one” says Dick as he drives past Jason Sulivan…… All Sulivan can do is yell obscenities as Dick drives away……… Then Dick finally makes it to Victory lane…….
HAHAHAHA!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderAnd that is why my final score for BioMechanical Toy is a broken Buzz Lightyear out of 10…….
He. Is. Mrs. Nesbitt!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderThe road to unlock the PES Penguin in Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is at 1450 PES points out of 5000……….
Only 3550 to go!

Quoting: StoneColdSpider
And I will just leave this here……..
Ooh, is this going to shake up the game-roster a little bit?

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderNow for my bad joke of the week……
I took my wife to the orchard for her birthday...... We stood their for an hour watching the trees......... This was not the Apple Watch she was expecting apparently........
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
Hahahaha!

Quoting: Arcadius-8606Fighting Vipers 2 - Playing via ReDream with family and friends.
Daytona USA - Same deal as above.
I'm just curious, how well does ReDream work? The Dreamcast didn't offer a lot for me, so information about emulation of it has completely passed me by!
Mezron Nov 25, 2023
Quoting: PenglingI'm just curious, how well does ReDream work? The Dreamcast didn't offer a lot for me, so information about emulation of it has completely passed me by!

The ReDream program is very elegant and easy to use. You can download it and unzip it. Once you do, point it where the ROMS are and it's golden.

There are a series of Windows CE games that ReDream does not support. For all other games, it's a perfect emulation.

For me it's great since it's runs a lot of fighting games and rail shooters. These are my two favorite genres!

Last edited by Mezron on 26 November 2023 at 5:41 pm UTC
Mezron Nov 25, 2023
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderNice choice...... Who do you mostly play as???....... I always played as Honey........ How could I say no to that victory pose.....

Tokio is my personal favorite and plays a lot like Jaky from VF. All of his normals can link in and out of specials with ease.
StoneColdSpider Nov 26, 2023
Quoting: PenglingMy pick this weekend is Darkwing Duck (NES) (not to be confused with the notoriously-bad and unrelated TurboGrafx-16 title based on the same series)
I honestly thought the NES and PC Engine versions were roughly the same game.......

Quoting: Pengling
"Let's get dangerous!"
Thats not dangerous....... Now these..... These are dangerous......

Quoting: Pengling*WOO-OO!
NO..... no...... This is about Darkwing Duck..... Not Duck Tales...... Stay focused.....

Quoting: PenglingWhen there's trouble you call DW!
DW???...... As in Dick Trickles fellow NASCAR racer Darrell Waltrip???.... I dont know how he will help if theres trouble.......

Quoting: PenglingI've been revisiting the show lately on Disney+, and have found that not only is it just as good as I remember it being, but I now also appreciate the witticisms that flew over my head as a youngster.
Quoting: PenglingNot surprisingly, the game is based on the early 1990s cartoon series Darkwing Duck, which aired, in the UK at least, as part of the Sunday-morning variety-show, The Disney Club. It was an action-packed somewhat-parodic show, which spoofed elements from various superhero and spy franchises
Quoting: PenglingDarkwing Duck is a must-play if you liked the show
That totally sounds like a cross promotional review paid for by Disney....... Only thing missing is a score of 73%.......

Quoting: PenglingBomberman GB 2 (Game Boy)
Quoting: PenglingSuper Bomberman R 2 (Proton)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING.......

Quoting: PenglingBomberZone (Native Linux)
Finally.... A totally different game altogether.......

Quoting: PenglingPlacid Plastic Duck Simulator (Proton)
A Woolly Bully

Quoting: Pengling
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!........ Fantastic......

Quoting: PenglingHAHAHAHA!
Dick had to do it...... And Jason Sulivan sure did deserve it......

Quoting: PenglingHe. Is. Mrs. Nesbitt!
Ive never seen Toy Story so I have no idea what I just witnessed....... Its very disturbing though.......

Quoting: PenglingOnly 3550 to go!
Thats a lot of games left to play......

Quoting: PenglingOoh, is this going to shake up the game-roster a little bit?
Probably not...... But I thought the car looked cool.......

Quoting: PenglingHahahaha!
Least my jokes are hitting the mark.......
Pengling Nov 27, 2023
Quoting: Arcadius-8606The ReDream program is very elegant and easy to use. You can download it and unzip it. Once you do, point it where the ROMS are and it's golden.

There are a series of Windows CE games that ReDream does not support. For all other games, it's a perfect emulation.

For me it's great since it's runs a lot of fighting games and rail shooters. These are my two favorite genres!
That's most kind of you - thankyou so much! I do have my reasons for asking.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderI honestly thought the NES and PC Engine versions were roughly the same game.......
Not at all, thankfully!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderNO..... no...... This is about Darkwing Duck..... Not Duck Tales...... Stay focused.....
But Launchpad McQuack is Darkwing's sidekick.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderDW???...... As in Dick Trickles fellow NASCAR racer Darrell Waltrip???.... I dont know how he will help if theres trouble.......
Hahahaha!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderThat totally sounds like a cross promotional review paid for by Disney....... Only thing missing is a score of 73%.......
Oi, you cheeky sod! I didn't teach you about the review-score-of-the-beast for you to use it against me! THE AUDACITY!

Quoting: PenglingBomberman GB 2 (Game Boy)
Quoting: PenglingSuper Bomberman R 2 (Proton)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING.......

Quoting: PenglingBomberZone (Native Linux)
Finally.... A totally different game altogether.......
Har-har.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!........ Fantastic......
It had to be done!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderIve never seen Toy Story so I have no idea what I just witnessed....... Its very disturbing though.......
Before he gets broken (as you referenced), Buzz Lightyear spends the first half of the movie genuinely believing that he's the "real" Buzz Lightyear (a Star Wars/Power Rangers-esque character who's popular on television in the film's universe; They later went on to actually make a 2D animated series out of this, called "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command"). What you witnessed in that video is him losing it after he sees a TV-ad for his toy-line and realises the truth.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderThats a lot of games left to play......
It's worth it - do it for the penguin!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderLeast my jokes are hitting the mark.......
Yep!
StoneColdSpider Nov 28, 2023
Quoting: PenglingThat's most kind of you - thankyou so much! I do have my reasons for asking.
Of course its a Bomberman reason....... Imagine a world with no Bomberman.....

Quoting: PenglingNot at all, thankfully!
I will have to look at the NES version next year then.....

Quoting: PenglingBut Launchpad McQuack is Darkwing's sidekick.
This is not about Launchpad McQuack....... This is about Darkwing Duck...... And ONLY Darkwing Duck.......

Quoting: PenglingHahahaha!
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, let's go racin' boys

Quoting: PenglingOi, you cheeky sod! I didn't teach you about the review-score-of-the-beast for you to use it against me! THE AUDACITY!
LOL..... Well that will teach you for writing a review that ticked all the boxes of a paid review......

Quoting: PenglingIt had to be done!
Both were excellent references......

Quoting: PenglingBefore he gets broken (as you referenced), Buzz Lightyear spends the first half of the movie genuinely believing that he's the "real" Buzz Lightyear (a Star Wars/Power Rangers-esque character who's popular on television in the film's universe; They later went on to actually make a 2D animated series out of this, called "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command"). What you witnessed in that video is him losing it after he sees a TV-ad for his toy-line and realises the truth.
Ohhhhhhh ok...... I have no idea about any of that....... I was just using the name "Buzz" as a euphemism for a vibrator.......

Quoting: PenglingIt's worth it - do it for the penguin!
Penguins or Pengwings or Penglings???....
Or maybe Penguin Pete..... Or what about Petes replacement...... Re-Pete????......

Quoting: PenglingYep!
You should enjoy next weeks joke then
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.