You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
anyone know if humble bundle games still provide different options to download a game?
Lib-Inst Apr 21
Does anyone know if humble bundle games still provide different options to download a game? they had options like deb file sometimes or tar, mojosetup installer,etc. Does humble bundle still provide this?
emphy Apr 21
Wouldn't that depend on whether the dev/publisher provided/removed those files?

I haven't purchased anything at humble recently (most new releases on humble seem to be steam keys only), but checking a small sample (world of goo, shank, braid, darwinia) showed different downloadable options still being available in the library, so humble itself doesn't seem to restrict them.

Last edited by emphy on 21 April 2024 at 4:53 am UTC
Lib-Inst Apr 22
Quoting: emphyWouldn't that depend on whether the dev/publisher provided/removed those files?

I haven't purchased anything at humble recently (most new releases on humble seem to be steam keys only), but checking a small sample (world of goo, shank, braid, darwinia) showed different downloadable options still being available in the library, so humble itself doesn't seem to restrict them.

oh, can you screenshot that page out of curiosity?
emphy Apr 22
Lib-Inst Apr 22
Quoting: emphyHere you are:

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-cFFF92M/0/HhJttbFLdwfwR2bGCbXWvmCjMnWs3L6Pq8TKpLwP/X3/i-cFFF92M-X3.jpg

cool thanks. yea it varies, some games still have drm free options if you see the logo on it. that means that there is more than just a steam key. I wonder if any of the more recent games have the options, maybe someone will show up here that bought in recent years.
Mezron Apr 22
I only own one game on HB. Skullgirls. I still have the option to download the DRM FREE offline Linux version that is superb but it's not available for new costumers.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.