Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Tweak to the article page done today
Liam Dawe Jun 10
Hi all, today I've adjusted the article page, before comments there's the "Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:" section that has been changed.

Before, it just had 3 title links to random articles over the last month. Not particularly useful and easy to miss.

Now it has the article images as well, split into 4 columns, 2 per row on desktop and responsive down to 1 per row on smaller screen sizes. Tested working across Chrome, Firefox and mobile.

Hopefully this will help people find articles they may have missed in a slightly more eye-catching way. It's limited to showing articles from the last month, and not from the last 2 days (as to not repeat what may be currently on the front page).

There's just too much news all the time, and I've been finding articles just vanish from the front page so fast now, I'm looking at a few layout tweaks like this to help people discover stuff.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 10 June 2024 at 12:50 pm UTC
CatKiller Jun 10
Would anthology articles summarising the important things over the past month/six months/whatever be helpful? These things happened in hardware, this news happened, we covered these games, that kind of thing.
Liam Dawe Jun 10
Yeah I think just more regular "here's some games you missed" type stuff is due now.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.