Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
What games keep you dualbooting?
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
OZSeaford Feb 10, 2015
I still dual boot for:
Any Besthesda games
Tombraider

I also do most of my multiplayer with an IRL friend, ans whilst I have now a growing cross platform list of games, I still have to go back to the windows partition for:
Ages of Empire HD
Seven Kingdoms HD
A few multiplayer indies ie.

I saw that there was a mention of running these games under wine.

Is there a guide for having both the normal Linux Steam client, and then another client running under WINE? I saw this project - https://github.com/sirnuke/steambridge but it seems that you run the risk of being banned on VAC games, and for me, VAC is an absolute necessity, I hate cheaters...
Basically, won't having steam under WINE and then also Linux as well be conflicting?
potatopete Feb 10, 2015
Quoting: OZSeafordIs there a guide for having both the normal Linux Steam client, and then another client running under WINE? I saw this project - https://github.com/sirnuke/steambridge but it seems that you run the risk of being banned on VAC games, and for me, VAC is an absolute necessity, I hate cheaters...
Basically, won't having steam under WINE and then also Linux as well be conflicting?

I just used PlayOnLinux to install the Windows Steam client. Admittedly that's not as elegant a solution as bridging them but probably runs less risk of getting banned from anything! I don't often have both the Linux and Windows clients running at the same time though.
OZSeaford Feb 10, 2015
Brilliant, it's that simple?

I will give it a try tonight. I stopped mid-Skyrim just because I was tired of rebooting...
OZSeaford Feb 11, 2015
Thanks, I can't believe you are making me go back into WINE!

I used it quite a lot 4 years ago, looking forward to seeing all the improvements that they have implemented. But it should limit my number of reboots into Windows.
pete910 Feb 12, 2015
Hate to say it but,

Battlefield 4
Star citizen.

That's the only things I use windows for.

All bar 3 games in steam now have a linux native version :O
JoZ3 Feb 13, 2015
Win 7 basic, without antivir or any other soft for play Guild Wars 2, Gauntlet, State of Decay and Insurgency...
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.