You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
[FIXED I GUESS] I can no longer change my avatar
Hamish Jan 25, 2015
For whatever reason I can not change my avatar to a new 125x125 PNG image. I have tried using the upload feature as well as pointing it to an outside URL.
Levi Jan 26, 2015
Is there a message at the bottom of the avatar page? The message box is easy to miss there
Liam Dawe Jan 26, 2015
I've improved the error handling on that page, and it will show the correct message up to the top, please try again and tell me what happens.

FYI: I just tested using Levi's avatar url, upload a different avatar, and gravatar and couldn't find an issue. Possible yours was too big a file size and you missed the error that was shown at the bottom of the page by accident.
Hamish Jan 26, 2015
I tried again and that time it said it uploaded but just gave a broken image. I then deleted my avatar and reset it to the default, and then uploaded again. That time it worked.
Liam Dawe Jan 27, 2015
Next time, I need more details, like the broken image, what was its url? Can't fix what I cannot see.
Hamish Jan 27, 2015
Indeed, but whatever this thing was it was hard to probe, if it even existed at all. It could have just been my own internet being a bear, as it has been recently. Unless it recurs I would not really worry about it.
Liam Dawe Mar 1, 2015
Just a note, I actually found a bug in this a week or two ago and fixed it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.