Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
World of Warcraft - Make suggest requests for a Linux client
keiki Jan 29, 2015
In a recent forum post, someone asked again about a Linux client. Someone from customer support answered that if we have a suggestion for developing, then we should make an "ingame suggestion". This would directly go to the development teams.

The post is here. The thread was locked because it was an revived old thread.

It should be suggested in the WoW tool explained here

I'm doing it, but I'm thinking of providing a blue print for it first. So finding arguments for this first.
Spl-it Jan 29, 2015
Well the main reason for the support person to point to in-game suggestion is probably because they want to keep the forums free of the many *wow for linux?* posts. this "please blizzard bring wow to linux" thing has been going on for many years now, the situation never changed and I doubt it ever will.

I quit playing WoW a while ago but if they ever release for linux (very unlikely) I just might consider coming back.

For now, don't get your hopes up. This has been going on for many years and it never changed blizzards standpoint.
See this forum topic for example ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3484160094#1 ) where Lurdlespor posted:

OpenGL mode is mostly included for legacy support and troubleshooting purposes, it's a less advanced display API that is unlikely to be updated.

Macs at the moment use GLL which is an updated version of OpenGL,which does receive full support.

I'm not in development so I can't say what's planned for alternate graphics modes, but as OpenGL has gone unchanged for a while now I don't think it's likely that it'll be updated to a fully supported API

so yeah..
Cimeryd Feb 1, 2015
No thanks. I quit my subscription, listing lack of Linux client as my reason. Not planning to come back until they fix that flaw.
keiki Mar 4, 2015
There's a petition going on, requested by a Blizzard employee. Of course you can't expect anything from it. But we can at least try to get attention. If we stay quiet nothing probably will change.

With Blizzards steady Mac support there is at least a slight change they will go further and support Linux.

http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/16529192775
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.