Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Whats on your Christmas wish list?
Rustybolts Nov 12, 2010
Whats on your Christmas wish list?

I have been after an E-Reader for a while now but none have backlight screens (very important for reading in the dark). Every man and his dog must want an Ipad lately which can also read e-books (backlight screen), although for me are too expensive, they have no sd card slot so you have to buy largest model. So i decided on this:-
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Latest-A8-Cortex-Freescale-Android/dp/B004BEWB5I/ref=sr_1_46?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1289588262&sr=1-46

Android app Market (Angry Birds)
Ebooks abound
Gaming
[video:1bj6gsd3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUJZzmy_Dn8[/video:1bj6gsd3]
Liam Dawe Nov 13, 2010
Re: Whats on your Christmas wish list?

I have considered getting a Tablet, i currently have the Dell Streak tablet/phone 5". It's extremely useful i would want a 10" one though really.

Although saying that it looks mighty sweet that unit!
MaximB Nov 13, 2010

If you are buying a tablet only to read books, it's not the best choice.
The monitor of those tablets will damage your eyes if you read books for hours and hours.

If you want to read books, buy an e-reader - it's technology was made for reading and it won't tired your eyes over time.
Not all models have backlight - but you can buy "add-ons" to help you read in the dark.
Rustybolts Nov 13, 2010

I'm after one to do generally what a tablet pc is designed for a bit of everything and also excited of the prospect of a gaming device. At the moment I have been reading on kindle on my mobile so this would be a considerable mark up.
Unsure if above tablet has multi-touch support which would be important for gaming the only other one is see below (unfortunately its smaller 7", has android 2.1 not 2.2, resolution slightly inferior and has half the ram.)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Multi-Android-Tablet-dongle-support/dp/B0046ANFG6

Has anyone seen a decently priced tablet in the uk multi-touch if so let me know if you have seen better.
Liam Dawe Nov 13, 2010

Android 2.1+ has multitouch support so you should be safe, would always go for the higher spec device if you can afford it though.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.