The final release as we mentioned before will come on February 14th this year, so even if you don't get into the beta you won't be waiting long after!
Eschalon: Book III brings the trilogy to a climactic end as you seek to uncover the mystery of your past, the secrets of the Crux stones, and who the Orakur really are. You’ll traverse miles of virtual wilderness and dungeons, filled with secrets and danger, in an unparalleled role-playing experience designed to feel like a true pen-and-paper RPG.
• Dozens of fan-requested features and updates to the engine and rule set.
• Hundreds of graphic updates including re-rendered tiles, new spell effects, and enhanced environment effects. New sound effects and music in crystal-clear HD audio via an updated sound engine.
• Expanded stats for creatures give them new abilities, defenses and vulnerabilities. Combat will require new levels of strategy.
• New spells and hundreds of new items for you to discover. A huge world filled with secrets, riddles, traps, treasure, and glory awaits you!
• Book III is not a dumbed-down “RPG for the masses”. Rapid button clicking won’t save you here. Eschalon pays honor to the greatest RPGs of the past, with unlimited character development options and freedom to explore the world as you wish. The difficulty of the game does not scale to your character.
• Developer tools to be released shortly after the availability of the game. Build your own maps and make your own adventures!
• Single player only, like a great RPG should be.
Are you looking forward to it?
Commenting Rules & Information
-No pirate links, we do not support piracy, please buy games and support developers.
-Swearing is 99% not needed, if you keep excessive swearing in comments you can and probably will be banned.
-If you swear in a comment it will remind you to be polite, but you will be able to post after the reminder.
-Linking into the above, try to remain polite and do not attack other commenters or the article author, doing so will result in warnings or bans without a warning.
-Comments that serve to only antagonise an article author can and probably will be removed without warning, repeatedly doing so will result in a ban from commenting.
-Distribution wars that have plagued the Linux community are not welcome here. Bans will occur for people who engage in them or talk down to anyone for their choice.
-We will update the rules as we see fit at any time