Infected Shelter from Dark Blue Games does look very over the top and pretty fun too. It's coming to Linux later this year.
While the Steam store page doesn't mention it, they're planning to start off in Early Access and we're expecting some sort of release date announcement from them next month. Linux is clearly a platform for release on this one, as it's mentioned on both Steam, their official site and their press information pack.
They're saying it's like a mix of Dead Cells and Castle Crashers, with some brutal executions sprinkled all over it. Take a look at their latest teaser:
Features available at release according to the developer:
- Randomly generated post-apocalyptic environments
- Fast paced, violent and complex 2D brawler-like combat with lots of firearms and melee weapons
- Rogue-lite / rouge-like elements, play-learn-die-unlock-improve-repeat
- Permanent upgrades that change how you play the game in the following runs
- 150+ blueprints to unlock new weapons, clothes, skills, relics and RPG-like character improvements
- 50+ brutal, ultra-violent executions
- 50+ character traits
- 4 different playable characters
- Tons of guitars, wheelchairs, pets, drinks, active items
- 200+ areas and shelter rooms
- Fully supported singleplayer experience
- Local co-op with up to 4 players
More about it:
Infected Shelter is a randomly generated rogue-lite post-apocalyptic action RPG shooter / dungeon brawler. Singleplayer and co-op for up to four players.
Every run is different because of the randomly generated content. By beating enemies players can loot more than 150 different blueprints of permanent improvements and this is the key to Infected Shelter's replayability. Instead of just collecting loot to make yourself more powerful during a single run, you unlock new weapons, clothes, skills, relics and RPG-like character improvements that change how you play the game in the following runs.
You can wishlist and follow it on Steam.