You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!

Valve have today started the big Autumn Sale with tons of ridiculously good deals. On top of that, the Steam Awards have returned so it's time to make your nominations.

Far too many games on sale, here's a few fun picks:

Another incredible deal is the Steam Controller, which has gone down to £4.00 / $5.00 / €5.50 and they only have a limited amount left so it looks like this is the last run. We've emailed Valve to see if they care to confirm this is the end of the Steam Controller.

Honestly, the Steam Controller has been incredible to the point that I confessed my love of it in an article before. Highly versatile too, with the help of SC Controller. At that price, I might have to pickup a spare, I will be quite sad whenever mine die.

If you wish to show your appreciation to certain games, you can nominate them for the Steam Awards here. You get one of those fancy profile badges if you do, you all care about those right?

You have until December 3rd to pick up your cheap games.

Tags: Game Sale, Steam

skinnyraf 27 November 2019 at 7:23 am UTC
The_Aquabatlike everytime a sale starts the store is having troubles loading the pages, as always!! geez when are you going to fix this, valve?

They probably see traffic increased like tenfold or something, 3-4 times a year. I think they considered the cost needed to fix it and simply accepted the issue as an inconvenience that customers can live with.
Sojiro84 27 November 2019 at 7:25 am UTC
I bought the Steam Controller again a few months ago with Sekiro to give it another try. The first one went to the trash after I was unable to play a game with it.

Unfortunately, after trying and giving it a honest try, I still just cant play with the Steam Controller. I lack feedback with the touch thingy and therefore shooters and third person games are impossible to play.

Maybe if I tried for days on end for 3 months I might get used to it, but that is way too much time to learn a new controller.

So I went back the the XONE controller in the end. Don't fix what ain't broken IMHO.
ageres 27 November 2019 at 7:38 am UTC
BigJI’m tempted to buy the new Tomb Raider, any thoughts compared to ROTTR so far? I found that one enjoyable
It's very similar to RotTR, except there are jungles and no Rhianna Pratchett.
Lcs006 27 November 2019 at 7:47 am UTC
buckysrevengeI think I might have to pick up a third steam controller, that's an incredible price
Already out of stock, sadly.
TheRiddick 27 November 2019 at 8:07 am UTC
That controller is $89.95AUD for me, guess they don't like Australians. OH I see what happened, got f-over by time zone. Nice

Last edited by TheRiddick on 27 November 2019 at 8:08 am UTC
Gobo 27 November 2019 at 8:47 am UTC
It's a shame a good chunk of the best games of this year are not available on Steam...
Eike 27 November 2019 at 9:10 am UTC
rick01457 27 November 2019 at 9:12 am UTC
ageres
It's very similar to RotTR, except there are jungles and no Rhianna Pratchett.

Exactly, it's more of the same. No huge changes that I've noticed so far. It's one of the very few games of that style that I play and that may be why I like playing the series so much, if you play games like Just Cause and the like, you may already be fatigued though.
einherjar 27 November 2019 at 9:21 am UTC
Liam DaweYou get one of those fancy profile badges if you do, you all care about those right?

Absolutely NOT. I really don't care a single bit.
I play games to have fun. All these Badges and so on are absolutely uninteresting to me. I can't see, what is the advantage for me? Gaming is not more fun (for me), with these things.
rick01457 27 November 2019 at 9:22 am UTC
EikeAny good proposals for native Linux games from 2019 for the respective Steam award categories?

CK2 for the 'Labor of Love' award, same as every year

I'm having the same issue of nominating though. The only Linux native game I have that released this year is Bards Tale IV DC. It's definitely a special game that I have enjoyed immensely, but it might be a stretch to give it a game of the year award.

• GTFO - R2C1 - Work Together Or Die Together [GER/ENG]