Imperator: Rome, the grand strategy game from Paradox Development Studios about the classical world will soon have a little more depth to the religion features in the 1.4 "Archimedes" update now due on March 31.
This is the start of Paradox's new plan to focus on smaller and more frequent updates to Imperator, as they've really turned the game around now from the rough launch. With Archimedes focusing on the Religion side, the next update named Menander will focus on Culture which will be due sometime around the Summer and will also be a free update.
This free update for everyone will include:
- State Deities: The Omens system has been replaced by a national Pantheon. Gods from across your empire are welcome into this divine collection, providing passive bonuses most of the time, though you can invoke their power for greater benefits.
- Holy Sites: The classical world was full of sacred groves and mysterious locales. Holy Sites increase the strength of the relevant deity in your Pantheon, or may be sacked of their wealth by less faithful rulers.
- Sacred Treasures: Revered historical and divine relics can be stored in your National Treasury, earning small bonuses. If you sack an enemy’s Holy Sites or capital, there is a chance you might capture these special artifacts.
- Loyalty Rework: Instead of a ticking scale to track, Character Loyalty will be a sum of various factors, making it easier to understand and control.
While that big refresh is going to be free for everyone, Paradox also announced that the release of the update will be accompanied by the Magna Graecia content pack which is focused on the world of the Greek city states. This content pack will cost around $7.99 / £5.79 / €7.99 and include:
- Apotheosis: A popular ruler from a prestigious family may be declared a god and welcomed into the State Pantheon. Elevate enough rulers and you may institute an Imperial Cult religion.
- New Greek Missions: New missions available for Athens, Sparta, Syracusae.
- New Deities: 12 new Greek deities tied to historical Holy Sites across the Greek world.
- Hellenistic Themed Treasures: Collect special artifacts based on the history and legends of the Hellenistic world.
- New Music, Art, and 3D Models
If you're a regular player of Imperator: Rome, how do you feel about the current gameplay and how Paradox have adjusted their plans?