The Battle of Polytopia, a very successful and award winning turn based strategy game is confirmed to be coming to PC and it will have Linux support.
"The Battle of Polytopia is a unique turn based strategy game about ruling the world, fighting evil AI tribes (or other players), discovering new lands and mastering new technologies. You take on the role of the ruler of a Tribe, starting with one advantage over the other tribes, and attempts to build a civilization in competition with the other tribes."
It's not going to be just ported over to PC though, they're attempting to enhance it as well. Along with it it being re-done in the Unity game engine they're also adding in: bigger maps with additional settings, cross-platform multiplayer, properly implemented keyboard controls and low system requirements. As for Linux support, the developer confirmed that to me here.
Some features to expect from it:
- Turn based civilization strategy game.
- Single & multiplayer.
- Exploration, warfare, farming, building and technology research.
- Pick and choose among a wide range of different tribes with unique nature and culture.
- Auto generated maps make each game a new experience.
- Strategy multiplayer online & Pass & Play.
- Leader board with top scores for the best civilization builders.
- Really Cute low poly graphics.
No current release date, as they're finishing all the polishing work on it but it should be within the next few months. You can follow it on Steam.