I'll openly admit right away my intense excitement on this one. Fort Triumph blends XCOM-styled combat with environmental interactions and Heroes of Might and Magic world-exploration into a unique and delightful mix.
Originally funded on Kickstarter back in May 2017 with 1,457 backers pledging $78,311, it was impressive from the very first test build which had Linux support in the early stages. After Kickstarter and Early Access, it's gradually expanded into quite a big game overall.
I'll never get tired of kicking rocks and dropping trees onto various creatures, even more amusing when you kick a creature into another creature that then falls into water. There's a huge amount of fun interactions to have. Like this example:
A big update is about to drop too, with the developer highlighting what the game will have:
- Three story acts—the game now has a story campaign that is filled with 10 to 20 hours of gameplay
- The 8-player Skirmish mode—players can now pit themselves against up to 7 AI enemies or their friends in local co-op (hot seat)
- More than 30 events and over 80 artifacts added to the game—the events are special locations offering multiple choices that can lead to different results. Artifacts often grant new special abilities to a hero
- Four hero classes (Paladin, Barbarian, Mage, Ranger), each with 12 upgradable abilities, and four races (Troll, Goblin, Human, Undead), with their own castles and upgradable buildings
- Massive changes to UI and UX. A lot of graphical improvements
- All strategic maps are now fully procedurally generated and support having much larger maps
- Inventory, skill trees and town management, as well as resource management, implemented
They said the full version will feature various translations too including both interface and subtitles for: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
You can wishlist/follow on Steam. Once the full release is out, I'm going to be taking a good look and will let you know some thoughts on it.
Turns out we missed this on our dedicated Crowdfunding Page, so it's now been added to sit alongside 300+ others!