Hell Can Wait will be fusing together a bullet hell with a deck-builder, in development by Triplevision Games Limited and planned to release next year.
This continues the deck-builder mechanics creeping into everything, which I'm pretty happy with as I love to see how developers can put their own spin on it. Hell Can Wait sounds pretty amusing too! Insane action, bullets flying around everywhere and then you get to pick abilities from 250 cards that can drastically change how you play the game.
No trailer yet but you can see some early shots below:
Speaking to the developer on Twitter, they confirmed Linux support is planned and now it's actually listed on the Steam store page too.
- Bullet hell combat with hundreds of bullet patterns to learn
- Play alone or bring a friend for drop-in/drop-out co-op
- Build a deck from over 250 cards to totally change the gameplay
- Save the cities that stop the swarm from spreading, or save the cities with the cards you want
- Bosses so big that they don't fit on screen!
- A successful campaign should run 45-60 minutes (unless you just die in the first 5...)
You can follow along on Steam.