ABS vs THE BLOOD QUEEN, a 2D side-scrolling adventure set in the Killer Queen universe has managed to get successfully funded on Kickstarter.
Mentioned here on GOL at the start of May, BumbleBear Games are bringing their popular true arcade machine game to new audiences with a PC release and it will be supporting Linux. Against their Kickstarter goal of $33K, the campaign ended on May 22 blasting past it with $47,373.
- Play at home on Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Run like hell from the terrifying wall of death
- Transform Abs into a warrior, give him super speed, and discover other new powerups
- Dodge traps and solve puzzles
- Explore side-scrolling procedurally generated levels
- Collect berries and bugz to fuel your economy
- Unlock new characters and content
- Ride the legendary snail, and for the first time ever the infamous scorpion!
- Compete for the global high score in the daily challenge
- Practice your Killer Queen skills so you'll be unstoppable when you get back to the arcade, or if you’re new to the scene, see what the fuss is all about
You can find the finished crowdfunding campaign here. We will keep an eye on it and let you know when it's getting ready to release which should hopefully be later this year. The release is supposed to be coming quickly, as the game is based on what they already have in real arcade machines for the Killer Queen game.
Since it's fully funded, it's joined our growing list of over 300 crowdfunded games that mentioned Linux support. See our dedicated page here.