GDevelop is a wonderful free and open source game engine, one that's cross-platform and it continues to get more powerful. It also has theme support with a new dark theme landing that looks great.
The new dark theme "Nord" is based on the the palette from nordtheme.com, and it fits in very nicely with the GDevelop editor UI. In fact, it actually looks a little like the Godot Engine theme. Dark themes can at times be a little too dark, light themes blinding and this new Nord theme seems to have a nice contrast to it, makes tinkering with it feel better along with the recent UI adjustments the GDevelop team did to reduce useless padding everywhere.
Note: it already had a dark theme, this is an additional one that isn't as dark while still being kinder on your eyes and it just looks better overall.
Along with the new theme there's a few new extras included in GDevelop 5.0.0-beta95 including:
- Add a condition to check if the game is running as a preview
- Add menu to open recent projects
- Add an action to clear the state of the Dialogue Tree
- This is useful when launching a new game or restarting it.
- Improve preview buttons
- Now shown on the left of the toolbar, always visible.
- Allow to override the default scene with an external layout.
- Add missing numpad keys to the list of keyboard keys