Developer The Shady Gentlemen and Top Hat Studios have launched a Kickstarter for the seriously intense looking SteamDolls - Order Of Chaos, and it's almost funded already.
The Kickstarter campaign only launched on June 2 and of their €30K goal, they already have over €20K. As we wrote about before, they fully plan to support Linux with it and there's a great big "tux" icon on their Kickstarter page to show it off. Gameplay will mix together action and exploration, with a touch of stealth depending on how you choose to play through and a fair amount of blood. You play as The Whisper, voice by David Hayter (Solid Snake - Metal Gear).
As you progress through Steamdolls, you will be able to upgrade The Whisper with various skills. Giving you a chance to customize your run to be either a silent assassin or a powerful damage dealer. Both have their ups and downs to make for a unique run. These will include abilities like a form of double-jump, computer hacking, dashing and more.
- 2D brutal fast paced metroidvania in a steampunk universe.
- Gruesome stealth kills.
- A sprawling city to explore with Hostile, Infected and Safe Zones.
- Meet NPCs with their own tragic story.
- Carefully crafted interactive map.
- Hand-drawn Cutscenes for the narrative parts.
- Huge abominations that will try to take you down.