Not long after Tropico 6 gained a free feature update and a release for Linux arriving on GOG, Limbic Entertainment and Kalypso Media have released the Lobbyistico DLC and it's getting a free weekend on Steam.
Considering the setting, it's somewhat surprising it took this long for Corruption to be a proper feature of Tropico 6 and that's the name of the game in the Lobbyistico DLC. The European Union has arrived on the isles of Tropico and with it, new buildings such as the El Presidente Club. Invite faction leaders as lobbyists into the El Presidente Club and conduct backroom politics to unlock a unique new set of perks to boost the economy and manipulate faction standings. However, with increased lobby work comes increased corruption, all of which will impact the wider Tropican economy and society.
In their usual satirical fashion, the press email contained this little amusing nugget:
What do the European Union and corruption have in common? Nothing, of course, since the EU is as pure as a drop of finest Tropican rum. So why not run a field study and get to know more about this curious political entity; and why not run it from the great nation of Tropico, so famously governed by corrupt politicians (except for El Presidente, of course)? Join the EU in their investigations into 'corruptionomics' and unlock powerful new perks in Tropico 6 - Lobbyistico DLC.
What it actually includes:
- Corruption gameplay mechanic: Use lobby work to gain access to new perks to boost your economy while trying to balance the resulting corruption, which will ruin your island paradise with negative effects if left unchecked
- 3 new buildings: Get some dirty lobbying work done in the El Presidente Club, where statesmen can discuss affairs of state in seclusion and secrecy. Use the Corruption Agency to cover everything up and invite faction leaders to stay at the Official Residence in exchange for political favours
- Additional traits: 'Polarizing', 'All For The Folk'
- Even more music: Viva la Corrupción, Fiesta en el Club, Bruselas está Bailando
- 4 additional customization options for El Prez and the palace