Coming from the same team as We Need To Go Deeper, Deli Interactive LLC have announced Camp Canyonwood which looks like it puts a quirky spin on building up a summer camp.
What can we expect from it? Well, you're going to be responsible for building the camp and looking after your visitors. Their fun, education and safety lies in your hands and things might go bump in the night. I'm getting a bit of a Don't Starve vibe from this. Have a look at the brand new trailer:
However, the developer has been keen to point out it's not another Don't Starve. In fact, there's no traditional "survival" elements to it. No starving, no freezing or going insane and it's much closer to the likes of Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley but with a little more mystery and danger but you still cannot die. The dangers end up hurting you financially, which is why you need to keep everyone safe.
- Live the Camp Life - Go hiking, fishing, swimming, bug catching and more in a scenic Utah-inspired wilderness.
- Guide Your Troop - Lead troops of campers each summer in pursuit of Merit Badges. The more they learn, the more you earn.
- Camper Personalities - No two campers are the same. Each have their own unique personalities and quirks. Learn their needs to better reach them!
- Build Your Dream Camp - Gather materials and funds to improve your camp each summer, and design it as you see fit.
- Beware Dangers - Camping isn't always easy. Protect your campers from dangers both natural and supernatural.
One of the biggest ways they're trying to expand from other similar games are the campers. You play as the head counsellor, who is responsible for training the campers up to gain new skills and the interactions you have with them is a key part of the experience. Speaking to the developer on Steam, they confirmed it will be supporting Linux.
You can follow it on Steam now.