With Gamescom 2020 now over and done with, there was quite a lot of news to sift through and it's easy to get a bit lost. Especially if you're on Linux. We're here to help, with a nice little round-up of what's going to be supported on Linux PC.
Note: since this is a round-up, we'll be going over some previous articles and headlines:
- Application Systems Heidelberg confirmed multiple titles
- Ghost on the Shore, Rosewater, Growbot, Mutropolis, Haiki
- Space Crew (from the Bomber Crew dev) - October 15, 2020.
- Fast-paced free-moving rogue-lite ScourgeBringer - leaves Early Access October 21, 2020.
- Spacebase Startopia new footage - October 23, 2020.
- Retro infused FPS Prodeus - Early Access in November, 2020.
- Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead - 2020
- X4: Cradle of Humanity expansion + 4.0 free update - Q4 2020
- Skul: The Hero Slayer dev chat and some 1.0 footage - in Early Access right now, 1.0 this year.
- Observer: System Redux, developer confirms Linux - no set date for Linux.
- EVERSPACE 2 gets new explosive footage - no set date for Linux (should be at the full release).
- GONNER2 new footage - no date for any platform yet.
- Action-brawler platforming RPG 'Sonzai' - 2022
- Ova Magica life sim with a creature-taming twist - 2022
- Hyper Team Recon, sweet paper cut-out 3D platformer - 2022
A couple we missed include:
- Adventures of Chris - Q3 2020.
- Aethernaut gained a limited time demo.
- Mad Experiments: Escape Room - to release November 11.
- Out There: Oceans of Time - developer mentioned they're "likely" to support Linux.
- Overloop new trailer.
- Rogue State Revolution gained a demo.
- Unrailed! also now has a demo.
- Unspottable got another demo level.
Not actually Gamescom related but the info did drop on the starting day - Valve has confirmed Left 4 Dead 2 is getting a new update, built with the community. There's plenty more coming to Linux across this year and next outside of what was shown in this one event, this is only what we were able to currently confirm that was newly announced in some way. If we missed anything, remember that our email is open any time and it's the best way to notify us about any news tips.
What are you most looking forward to gaming on Linux across 2020 and beyond?
As a reminder, Humble Store also announced their End of Summer Sale with thousands of games big and small discounted right now until September 10.