After starting a Kickstarter campaign with an impressive demo, it appears Dwerve is easily going to be a success with the goal achieved and loads of time to spare.
Inspired by SNES RPGs like A Link to the Past, Dwerve takes all the mechanics you know and love: dungeon crawling, questing, exploring, and storytelling; and presents it with a new style of tactical turret-based combat where strategic turret and trap placement decide the outcome of each battle!
With their initial $10,000 goal, they were able to pull in enough backers to get fully funded within the first day of their campaign. Not really surprising though. Mixing two genres in such a way that we don't often see, along with a demo supporting Linux, macOS and Windows for people to actually get a feel for it. They did a lot of things right.
Since they're funded, they're going through stretch-goals to unlock more features. With $31K currently pledged the confirmed features to be added in thanks to the current funding level are: a new Boss Rush mode, a Mario-styled overworld map, more enemy types, an extended story with other goals set at various levels. Quite exciting to follow Dwerve along.
- Tactical turret-based combat involves making strategic decisions about which turrets and traps to build and where.
- Upgrade your arsenal with over a dozen turrets and traps, each with it's own unique upgrade tree.
- Discover powerful artifacts: an arrow-blocking shield, dashing boots, a bouncing boomerang, a ground-shaking hammer, and more!
- Story-based campaign. Unravel the history of the dwarves and the trolls in a story that features diverse characters and an unpredictable plot!
- Explore ancient dungeons in multiple biomes, each with hidden secrets, mysterious puzzles, and interesting lore!
- Fully dynamic lighting. Adventure through dimly lit dungeons that come to life with dynamic lights and shadows!