After an impressive early demo (which you can still try out) and a successful Kickstarter campaign, LAZR is looking really fun and I can't wait to see more of it.
What the developer calls a "clothformer" as it's using a lot of physics interactions with various forms of cloth. Created from the ground up to show off "never before seen realistic cloth simulations with full destruction" along with plenty of game mechanics designed around it like intriguing sounding cloth-based enemies.
In the latest development log, Garrick Campsey did a long look at the early part of the game and it's really looking good. They're currently estimating an Alpha version to be ready by the end of November. You can see the full video below of the early game content:
- 64 different types of loadouts allow you to customize your hero - from fully auto laser fire, to lighter and more acrobatic shells, to being immune to explosions - the choice is yours.
- Massive single player adventure - explore various districts in a sprawling futuristic city, beautifully presented in a Mode7 style overworld map. From the seedy housing districts deep below the surface, to the printed, polished, and private floating corporate islands soaring through the sky.
- Player Choices - Contracts that you complete affect relations with other corporations in Alpha City One. You'll have to choose who to keep happy and who to work for to stay alive.
- Cloth - Lazr has been designed around never before seen realistic cloth simulations with full destruction. A completely new and unique type of game mechanic!
- Unique Enemies - fantastic cloth based enemies and bosses will absolutely destroy you and leave you questioning deeply held beliefs such as "do I enjoy playing video games?". No, seriously, you're gonna die, alot. So get some bandaids for your thumbs and some tissues for your eyes - it's gonna be a hard journey to the top. Are you ready?
- There's a Holographic Dog. Yes, you can pet it - you can even play fetch with it! Next level 2d dog AI ensures HoloDog always follows you and stays by your side. Good HoloDoggo!
You can try out the older tech demo on itch.io and follow LAZR on Steam.
See more from me