Continuing to move through their library of classic RPGs starting with the first Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, there's now the 2.6 Beta available for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. Eventually this update will also be coming to Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition too.
This is a massive upgrade for the tech behind the game, as well as solving numerous bugs and other issues. To try it, which is currently only on Steam until it's ready for everyone, you can opt into it by going into the Properties -> Beta tab and selecting "road_to_2.6".
What's new for BGII:EE in the 2.6 update? Some highlights:
- Changed to 64 bit executables; 32 bit operating systems are no longer supported
- Hundreds of bug fixes including many spell fixes
- Improved pathfinding
- Improved multiplayer stability
- Added Adventurers of Neverwinter content to all games
- Added French text localization to Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
Plus plenty of other assorted fixes and improvements to existing features. The full list can be seen here.
Beamdog are looking for feedback on how your testing went if you do try the 2.6 Beta update. They need to know if you can Launch and Save + Load it correctly without issues and they want this tested on Linux too.