Currently in development by a father and son team, Harvest Days is another fresh 3D take on the casual farming-life RPG and it will be coming to Linux too.
There's quite a few of these appearing in the last year or two both 2D and 3D, many like this being directly inspired by the likes of Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing, among others. Perhaps this one might catch your attention where others have not? It actually looks pretty darn charming.
You can find out more in their first development log video:
We spoke with Luis of the team Family Devs, who confirmed the game will be available for Linux. It's currently (as you can see above) in the early Alpha stages of development but it seems mighty promising especially with the big open world to travel around in.
- Create and manage your farm. To grow your farm you must cultivate fruits and vegetables, take care of your beautiful animals or go deep into the forest to fish in its river.
- Explore an open world full of places for discover.Countless places are waiting to be discovered by you on Harvest Days: caves full of valuable minerals, a temple in ruins, a swamp with an abandoned treasure... and much more!
- Build relationships with villagers. Join the village community and make new friends. You can dialogue with them and decide the course of the conversation.
- Buy, sell or exchange products with the merchants. Thanks to commerce you can generate economic profits from the products you have obtained with agriculture, livestock and fishing. It is also possible to commerce with the resources you have collected on the map.
- Gather resources and craft your own tools and furniture. The open world of Harvest Days is full of resources to obtain: wood, rock, minerals, precious stones, magic mushrooms, berries...
- Move around the map with vehicles or horses. Ride on your horse and gallop into the mysterious forest to relax with the song of the birds... Although perhaps if you need to carry cargo, you should use one of the vehicles. You decide!
- The player is totally free about the decisions he makes and this will make each game unique since depending on how he interacts with other characters, his destiny will change.
- Unlike other farm-themed games Harvest Days includes RPG and Survival game features.