Available currently in Early Access for Windows, developer Jeff Winner and publisher 1C Entertainment make it clear that Horror Story: Hallowseed is going to be supported on Linux and macOS too. It's been on Steam in Early Access since July 2020, with 1C Entertainment taking it on as publisher as of this month now that it's approaching the full release.
Horror Story: Hallowseed is a single-player story-driven psychological horror game that takes place in a fictional location, forgotten by time, all wrapped in a mysterious demonic terror. Three friends were camping in the woods, when an obscure event takes them away, causing two of them to disappear. Left alone in an unknown place, Michael seeks answers about what happened, while trying to find his friends.
- Story-rich - The player is driven by the story of a village that used to follow God’s way, but an obscure power seduced some of them and condemned them to the darkness. While seeking to save his friends, Michael will uncover what role he plays in all this tragedy.
- Micro-scares system - a random system of… scary events that are activated based on how the player interacts with the environment and will make you jump from your chair (or couch)!
- Atmospheric - Immersive sounding and stunning visuals
- Inspired by Horror Movie Classics: Insidious, The Conjuring and The Exorcism of Emily Rose
- Hallowseed is the first chapter in the Horror Story series by Jeff Winner
In regards to Linux support, the publisher confirmed to us that it's coming and on the Steam page it's very clearly listed to be coming for the full version. The full release is planned to be later this year in the Summer but no exact date is being given out on it yet.