Here's something a little different and the type of game we don't cover often - Cute Bite from Hanako Games is an upcoming vampire raising sim where you guide a tiny shrunken vampire back to power.
"In Cute Bite, you guide your Little Mistress to increase her power by controlling her schedule, sending her to various classes and jobs that will raise her skills. Classes are more effective skill boosts, but they cost money, so becoming successful in the workplace is necessary to pay for more training."
Hanako Games have developed several successful games already, with a good history of Linux support including with Magical Diary: Horse Hall, Date Warp, The Confines Of The Crown, Black Closet and Magical Diary: Wolf Hall.
It's currently crowdfunding on Kickstarter with the tiny £1,500 goal already met, with £4,045 in funding gathered right now. Cute Bite features:
- Stat-raising gameplay. Balance the vampire's schedule to train skills and earn gold.
- Hunt targets to feed on in RPG minigame
- Unlock advanced jobs and activities as skills increase
- Interact with characters to learn their backstories
- Uncover the secrets of the vampire's origins
- Restore your mistress to her adult form
- Over twenty different endings to collect