Viscerafest from Acid Man Games, Fire Plant Games and 1C Entertainment is a nostalgic trip through fast-paced FPS goodness that you don't want to miss out on.
You are Caroline, a "bloodthirsty, psychopathic mercenary" who wants to get married. Money is tight so you set off to claim a rather hefty bounty so you can finally put a ring on it. With the Early Access release out, it's showing another impressive experience from a small team. It currently has an introductory prelude level, the game's main and chapter 1 hubs, and the entirety of the first chapter with 7 levels to play through. It also features 8 of the enemies, and 6 (out of total 9) of the game's weapons.
The developer has explained that the second chapter will be added during Early Access but there's no exact timeline on when that will happen. It's going to be in Early Access for a while, as the full release isn't planned until the end of 2022 - so they've got plenty of time to get it right. A properly hand-crafted experience like mom used to make. I tested the Beta versions personally, and it really was a lot of fun. Some difficult fights, sparse ammo at times but furious action.
- Navigate nonlinear hand-crafted levels, stuffed to the brim with secrets, using key cards, completing puzzles and various objectives to progress. Set across a wide variety of locations, from a space station above the earth, to a realm beyond our reality.
- Wield 9 unique and powerful weapons, from staples of the genre like the bunker buster double-barreled shotgun, to the more unique and offbeat, such as the Pung Cannon.
- Slaughter over 2 dozen different enemy types, from the minor grunts who make up the U.S.C's forces, to monsters beyond your ability to comprehend such as The Soul Hunters. New enemy types are introduced every level, each compounding the challenges you'll face with a variety of attacks and behaviors
- Juggle your resources, as you fight to stay alive, constantly balancing your use of ammo, health, and armor.
- Move at the speed of light, chaining bunny hopping and dashing together to move at speeds no man would dream of, and with your overbearing air control, dance around projectiles like no other.
- Collect tons of goodies to unlock items such as Cypher keys, and level modifiers to spice up your playthroughs.