Paradox fans have been screaming for it for a long time and they've finally gone and done it, Victoria 3 is official and it's coming but no release date yet.
Speculation has been ripe for years, Paradox have joked about it but it's really happening. In this ultimate society simulator, players step back in time to the great Victorian Era of the 19th and early 20th centuries to master economics, diplomacy, and politics all for the sake of a better tomorrow in one of the most anticipated games in Paradox's history.
- Deep Societal Simulation: Cultural, economic and ideological divisions compete for power and resources in one of Paradox’s most detailed historical worlds.
- Tend Your National Garden: Nurture your population, educating it and preparing it for the future, guaranteeing their prosperity and improving their happiness.
- Wonders of the Industrial Age: Scientific and social progress give you the chance to improve the lives of your citizens.
- Sophisticated Economic System: Import goods to keep costs low, export goods to enrich your citizens, and then tax that wealth to advance your plans.
- Challenging Diplomacy: Maintain harmonious relations with your neighbors or provoke a crisis to grab valuable resources or force open new markets.
- Political Dealmaking: Manage competing interests in your government, opening up new reforms but risking revolution if key voices are not heard.
- Detailed and Living World: Cities grow and factories darken the landscape on a beautifully drawn map of the 19th century globe. Play any of dozens of world nations from 1836 and try to claim your place in the sun.
Just like previous titles developed in-house by the teams at PDS, it looks like it will once again be supporting Linux with it setup on Steam ready to have Linux system requirements once again (once they're finalised, it's all "TBC" right now). Excited? Let us know in the comments.
Paradox are offering a free special in-game item - a Zeppelin, to those who sign up to early subscribers on their newsletter, which you can find at the bottom of the new Victoria 3 website.
You can already follow Victoria 3 on Steam.