Valve / CodeWeavers have releases another update to the current stable Proton series with the 6.3-4 release.
If you're not clear on what Proton and Steam Play are, be sure to check out our constantly updated dedicated page. It's a special compatibility layer for running Windows games and apps from Steam on Linux.
Proton 6.3-4 is a small update that just focuses on fixing up a few annoyances including:
- Fix recent 2K Games launcher update
- Fix error on startup for some Direct3D 12 games
- Fix Divinity Original Sin 2 and Rise of Venice launcher display issues
- Fix Star Wars Squadrons VR incorrectly launching to desktop
- Fix Sacred Gold visual artifacts
If you missed it Proton Experimental was also updated recently to further improve Resident Evil Village on Linux, and has again been upgraded so it has all the fixes of Proton 6.3-4. For those of you who prefer the community-built Proton GE, you should also check our recent article.