You've played Slime Rancher and loved it we're sure but what if it was a 2D RPG with pixel art? Alchemic Cutie is looking like it will answer that and then some.
Another to put in your list of wholesome games, as Alchemic Cutie is shaping up to be another wonderful casual game. Explore the world, find and collect lots of weird jelly creatures, chat with villagers and enter jelly competitions. Coming complete with a season system, the world around you will change allowing you to continue discovering new things about the new, and see new types of jellies and items appear.
Check out some clips they had available (no audio):
- A whole island ready to explore that changes with the seasons
- Over 4000 possible Jellies with lots of items to find and quests to do
- Befriend a village of cute, odd and wholesome characters
- Engaging Jelly raising and alchemy systems for you to master
- Fun jelly competitions to win medals
- Modding support
- Jelly sharing via special codes
Just recently the developer announced a short delay. It's now set to launch on September 28, so it's not a long wait still. The good news is that Linux support is still confirmed too. Want to know more about what will be available at launch? They went over some of that back in April.