Bringing the fun of the original Escape Velocity series, the free and open source Endless Sky has another release out with version 0.9.14 with an aim to polish it up a little.
In Endless Sky you start off with a tiny little craft that you eventually work your way up to a huge flagship, and you can even build up your own fleet. It's a game that allows you to play it your way. Trade or fight? Sometimes both are needed. There's a story to follow too which can give you over 10 hours of play or you can even ignore it completely.
Here's the highlights of the new 0.9.14 release:
- Numerous typo fixes
- Fixes to how several missions are offered to the player
- Better suggestions of possibly incomplete conditions in some missions' "visit" dialogues
- Differentiation between two Remnant engines' reversing capabilities
- Certain Navy shipyards now stock the Dropship
- Ships that have no specified "drag" attribute default to 100, rather than causing crashes
- Weaponry that alters the ship's status conditions (e.g. ionization) now respects the required minimum value of 0
- The "interrupt fast-forward" preference defaults to off
Some minor improvements were added to help support plugin authors and content creators:
- Quarg planets now have regional attributes to enable better targeting via missions
- Missions that fail to be instantiated print more informative messages in the error file
You can download it free from the official site or Steam. The update is not yet on Steam though, as it appears the person who controls the Steam page can't currently be reached.