Kathy Rain: Director's Cut is the revamp of the popular 2016 adventure game. Rebuilt with the Unity game engine along with native Linux support. This new demo isn't up for long though, as you have until later tomorrow to download and try it out (although plenty of demos work outside of Steam if you back them up…).
Set in the 90's, Kathy Rain: Director's Cut is a reimaging of the original story from 2016. Kathy is a strong-willed journalism major who must come to terms with her troubled past as she investigates the mysterious death of her recently departed grandfather.
- Compelling narrative with an eerie plot set in the 90's
- Gorgeous low res pixel art
- 40+ hand-drawn environments
- 4,000+ lines of fully-voiced dialogue
- English voice acting directed by Wadjet Eye Games' Dave Gilbert
- Atmospheric original soundtrack
Director's Cut Features:
- Extended storyline with a prolonged ending, hundreds of lines of additional dialogue, and multiple new areas to explore.
- Several new major puzzle chains and many small additions and tweaks of existing puzzles.
- Enlarged game environments to fill up the entire screen without any black bars on the sides.
- Made countless visual improvements, such as more character animations, better lighting/shadows, and extra weather effects.
- Streamlined mouse controls with an intuitive single-click interface.
- Controller support done right. Lean back in your chair and take smooth direct control of Kathy, with no messy cursor getting in the way.
- Expanded and remixed soundtrack by the original composer, Daniel Kobylarz.
- Five brand new motorcycle designs to unlock and customize the Katmobile with.