fheroes2 is a game engine reimplementation for the absolute classic that is Heroes of Might and Magic II. It's free, open source and a new release is out now. Written from scratch much like OpenMW for Morrowind, OpenRA for classic Westwood RTS games, openXcom for for the X-COM and more it's another great example of a community of people reviving old games for modern platforms.
Here's what's new in 0.9.7:
- Add basic German translation support and heavy update French and Polish translations
- Add missing Farm image part in Knight castle and modify Captain Quarters in Necromancer town
- Add AI hero classes for more efficient task distribution
- Fix multiple issues with combat logic for pathfinding and AI
- Fix object passabilities and incorrect rendering on World Map
- Over 60 bugs fixed since 0.9.6 release
Check it out on GitHub and remember to grab the data from GOG.com which it requires to run.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
See more from me