ScummVM 2.3.0 is coming soon with many upgrades to this awesome free and open source project that keeps classic games alive. Now they need your help.
Plenty of newly supported games will come with this release including the likes of: Grim Fandango, The Longest Journey, Crusader: No Remorse, AGS Games versions 2.5+, Myst 3: Exile, The Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time, Red Comrades 1 & 2 and more.
There's quite a lot that needs testing but they said these are the most notable:
- UTF-32 support in the GUI, allowing for full Japanese and Korean translations. (Also, you are welcome to help with translation into more languages).
- Support for HiDPI (aka Retina) displays in the GUI. No more fuzzy fonts.
- A significant rewrite of the Nintendo DS port, bringing it up to date with the latest engines and features.
- 3D engines formerly part of ResidualVM. Games like Grim Fandango, The Longest Journey and Myst III: Exile need a playthrough.
- In total, 12 new engines and general changes to 24 more engines.
For a list of games that need testing you can see their wiki page.
See more about ScummVM on the official site.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
See more from me