Seems like something is brewing between the developers of Don't Starve Together (Klei) and Terraria (Re-Logic) with some sort of cross-over planned for both games.
Just recently Don't Starve Together had a big "Quality of Life Update" with these improvements:
- Server admins and local hosts can now pause the game.
- Chat now has a history of the last 100 messages and persists between the character select screen, forest, and caves.
- Added profanity filtering. This can be disablled in the options menu or configured in your Steam Community Content Preferences.
- All creatures can now be affected by buffs
- The Bee Queen Crown, Bone Armor, Bone Helm, Shadow Thurible, and Spiderhat can now be deconstructed.
- Growth Formula Starter and Composting Bin now require an Alchemy Engine to prototype.
- Reduced the ingredients for crafting the Premier Gardeneer Hat and Moon Rock Walls
- Improved the Pick/Axe's durability and damage.
- Moongleams and Infused Moon Shards now take longer to spoil.
- Mouse and Keyboard actions can now be unbound in the controls option menu.
Additionally, the Hallowed Nights event has returned for players who want that extra bit of Halloween fun in DST. Klei mentioned the event is mostly the same as last year, except for a treat or two being added and there's free spooky costumes available for a limited time. Once you first login during the event, you also get a free "The Trick or Treat Chest" containing one of 18 heirloom costume sets.
More interestingly is that in their update post Klei mentioned a "super-secret project that we have been super careful not to leak that we absolutely cannot reveal at the moment" but it's pretty clear what it will be when going by the Re-Logic (Terraria developer) Twitter account that posted "Just a bit of Terraria news, no big deal" with a link to a forum post that joked about them not done adding content to Terraria and they showed this:
In reply, Klei on Twitter showed their own Gif of Terraria:
Sounds like it might be quite fun to keep an eye on.