Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.

Love the Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition from Beamdog and want to make it look just that little bit more modern? Beamdog has your answer now.

After years of work, Beamdog has now released a free HD Models & Textures Pack for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition that gives a visual boost to player character models and their equipment (including armour, weapons and shields). The newer models now support "normal and spec information", plus they can be further modded by the community just the the base game.

Currently, it's only available as a direct external download from the Beamdog website. Hopefully at some point they will put it up on Steam as some sort of free DLC to make it easier for players. Or perhaps another more open modding platform like mod.io. At least this way as a plain download for now, buyers from all PC stores can access it easily.

Beamdog note that lower-end machines may struggle with this extra pack. Following up in a forum post a few pages in on Steam, they mentioned "It's not an optional DLC via Steam because this is still WIP, and using the updated models can lead to performance issues on those PCs that are low-end but can run basic NWN:EE just fine" so it's entirely possible they may eventually make it easier to add in.

Wonderful to see such long-term commitment to an RPG gem.

You can pick up Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition from GOG and Steam.

21 Likes
We do often include affiliate links to earn us some pennies. We are currently affiliated with GOG and Humble Store. See more here.

eldarion 7 days ago
There is already a site for that.
Neverwintervault.org
Liam Dawe 7 days ago
Quoting: eldarionThere is already a site for that.
Neverwintervault.org
Which doesn't help with the issue of manual downloads that I mentioned. Steam Workshop does, mod.io does.
eldarion 7 days ago
Quoting: Liam Dawe
Quoting: eldarionThere is already a site for that.
Neverwintervault.org

True, but you can use a mod manager a la NexusMM to do that. I never saw Skyrim users rant about missing that their favourite mod is not on steam.

That said, in defense of Beamdog, they said that this is not a final version and that is the reason for only sharing the file this way.
Liam Dawe 7 days ago
Quoting: eldarionNexusMM
Which doesn't officially support Linux ;)
Arehandoro 7 days ago
Gotta admit, Beamdog does share love throughout their catalogue.
akselmo 7 days ago
I just wish I could play as Dragonborn :D
hardpenguin 7 days ago
Oh wow they just keep raising the value of this Edition. I love that, definitely made me want to play it in HD!
Trias 7 days ago
Liam Dawe 7 days ago
Quoting: TriasI scroll through all download page and looks like they are distributing 32bit version of NWN:EE for free? I don't really need 32bit version anymore, but still, free distribution is unexpected...
Yeah looks like it, as it's the last version supported on 32bit so it's a nice gesture as a backup for whoever still doesn't do 64bit.
whizse 7 days ago
Boy did they release this right on time, I was planning to start my first ever playthrough this evening!

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone with no article paywalls. We also don't have tons of adverts, there's also no tracking and we respect your privacy. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!