Do you love retro games (or just retro-styled) and you're a fan of dungeon crawling? Check out the recent release of Not Actually A DOS Game for your latest fix.
Taking the visuals of classics like Rogue, it spices things up a bit to make the style a little more approachable with a slightly more modern interface and some small effects. The result is a game that should appeal to classic roguelike fans while giving some nice quality-of-life adjustments like tooltips, stat comparisons and more. Overall it certainly seems like a solid entry.
- A core of classic roguelike gameplay. Descend the dungeon, collect items and kill monsters and bosses.
- Kill enemies or explore the dungeon to gain floor progress. Filling up the progress meter spawns a portal to the next floor.
- 37 pieces of equipment for 13 equipment slots with tooltips and stat comparisons.
- 11 Spells with multiple combo chains, gained through leveling and new equipment.
- Discover campfires in the dungeon to cook higher quality foods and upgrade stats.
- 3 dungeon tile sets. Forest, Desert and Tundra.
- A graveyard which grows as the number of your deaths do.
Available to buy on itch.io.