More open source goodness coming at you, as Mesa version 22.0 is officially out now for Linux open source graphics drivers.
The release announcement was short and sweet, noting Vulkan 1.3 support as one of the big features. The release notes do give a little more info, although they're still aimed at quite a technical audience. New features noted include:
- lavapipe, radv, anv KHR_dynamic_rendering
- radv EXT_image_view_min_lod
- VK_KHR_synchronization2 on RADV.
- OpenSWR has been moved to the Amber branch
- radeonsi, zink ARB_sparse_texture
- d3d12 GLES3.1 (shader storage buffers, images, compute, indirect draw, draw params, ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments, ARB_sample_shading, and GLSL400)
- radeonsi, zink ARB_sparse_texture2
- zink EXT_memory_object, EXT_memory_object_fd, EXT_semaphore, EXT_semaphore_fd
- anv VK_VALVE_mutable_descriptor_type
- Vulkan 1.3 on RADV, Anv.
- radeonsi, zink ARB_sparse_texture_clamp
As per usual, the Mesa team recommend people looking for stable drivers wait for at least Mesa 22.0.1.