Lovecraft’s Untold Stories 2 is an action RPG with rogue-like elements, a sequel to the hit from 2019 and it releases on May 17, 2022. While the first one is not supported on Linux, it should work nicely with Proton or Wine and it doesn't actually require you to know the first game the developer said. The publisher mentioned very clearly in their email today that Linux, macOS and Windows are supported for this one.
"Lovecraft’s Untold Stories 2 continues the narrative of the cult classic first game, but this time players will continue the fight against the unknown with new elements like crafting - using blueprints and resources to create consumables and even new equipment. Reunite with old acquaintances and meet new characters, explore new procedurally generated locations, defend yourself against dozens of different enemies and face off against epic bosses. But beware… Lovecraft’s Untold Stories 2 is more challenging than ever before, and the tough nightmarish creatures opposing you will not give up easily!"
- Fight dozens of different enemies, monsters and terrifying bosses from the Cthulhu Mythos in this intense, challenging action RPG. Ferocious beasts in the Swamps, Asylum lunatics, City thugs and the demonic creatures from the void will test your resolve to uncover the truth!
- Meet the 6 playable characters - 3 familiar faces from the series and 3 complete newcomers - each with their own weapons, gear and skills. Switch between them freely and pick the one most suited for the task at hand!
- Collect hundreds of different weapons and clothing items, or craft your own - scour every last room in a level, open every single box and get rewarded with randomized drops of gear, money for trading or resources and blueprints for crafting.
- Side quests are crucial - you can earn extra resources and items and get that extra bit of advantage you may need to be able to progress in the main story. Don’t forget to trigger side quests every time you encounter them, you don’t have to finish them right away, but keep them for when you need extra loot!
- Exploit the roguelike elements - level maps are randomly generated, as are all loot drops. The game is not pure roguelike: if you die or choose to restart the level, you only lose progress in the current area. Use this to your advantage, and if you don’t get the loot you wanted; try again!
- Make use of Charms and Amulets! Sacred relics which grant strange new abilities. Find those that serve you the best and make your journey unique - but beware, power may come at a cost!
- Plunge into the world of darkness where every step could be your last. Balance on the brink of madness as you explore the Asylum and various other locales in the city of Arkham, Swamps, Enchanted Forest, even the Underworld and many more mind-bending locations, all in procedurally generated levels!