AK-xolotl is an upcoming rogue-lite that answers the question of: what happens if you gave an axolotl an AK? Someone must have asked that somewhere.
Currently crowdfunding on Kickstarter with a few days left, it appears to be rather popular and it was initially funded in only 4 hours. The developer is planning full Native Linux support too so I've no idea how I missed this one originally because the idea is nuts and it looks gorgeous too. Mixing together procedurally generated biomes with handcrafted layouts, it seems like it will have a lot of replay value too. You also get to unlock various powers and the game evolves as you progress through it.
- The cutest and deadliest roguelite action: with lots of hours of gameplay and great replayability value!
- The ultimate pond inspired experience: beautiful pixel art graphics filled with pond-like details, rich colors and a variety of sceneries.
- Hunt and obliterate your prey with tons of different weapons: melee, close-range, long-range, etc., you pick your own playstyle!
- Multiple power-ups to beef up your Axolotl: yes, you have guns, but why not some extra powers as well, that not only make you mightier but add variety to the gameplay?!
- Tons of different types of enemies: Axolotl's meal will be buffet style!
- Expandable and customizable hub: build and customize your own pond and craft new items to decorate it! Your axolotl deserves the best place to live in.
- You are not just an apex predator, but also a Michelin chef: cook delicious recipes with all the ingredients you gather throughout your hunting adventures and become stronger!
- Cute baby axolotls that become playable: pet and care for baby axolotls. Feed them, nurture them and watch them grow! Finally, bring them on your hunting adventures.
- Fully supported online leaderboards: because highscores only really matter if you can brag about it!
- 3 extra game modes for some bite-sized action: King of the Pond, Horde and Chrono.